An Entirely Irrational (Decal) Stash

Swamp Donkey

I can’t be the only one of us in this position. I’ve just started to document my decal stash and am currently up to 906 sheets, almost all 1/72, and not even started on the Modeldecals yet. Taking a conservative average of 5 subjects per sheet, I can only draw the conclusion that I don’t have enough kits, so need to up my game with the plastic stash. But seriously, it’s ludicrous but I can’t bare to part with them. I offloaded almost all of the 1/48 decals and kits a couple of years ago. New Years resolution is to build more than one model a year. Good grief!

SD

• Like 6

I've spent last weekend cataloguing just the aftermarket resin, vac canopies and PE bits.

Still need to do the decal sheets.

Then a median price to all the items 😱

Ive been collecting decals since the Mid 80’s. Ive got five 3 ring binders all about 3”’s wide over stuffed and bursting. I never get rid of anything decal wise as it will all be good for something. Either replacement for damaged ones, making up sets of markings for decal sets I don't yet have. Or last but not least helping/trading other modelers. I wont even go into what I have in spare parts. When I moved house I kept some of my older builds. Though most were broken up and recycled. I have quite an extensive parts pile I took from the broken up kits. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

I have well over 500 tinlets of Humbrol enamel, predominantly old 1970s and 80s ones.

Old school Humbrol are my preferred choice for brush painting, I've picked up quite a few eBay job lots of them over the past 5 years or so.

• Like 1