Lahore Durbar 1845

Cadman

It’s 1845 in Lahore, capital city of the Punjab, and Flashman has been admitted to a wooden balcony in the palace for a durbar with the raven-haired ex-nautch girl Maharani Jeendan, and her shy slave Mangla, who appears to have been raiding the henna jar and dyed her hair orange. Of course, just like any other fine upstanding product of the British public-school system, Flashy strongly approves the seductive and wanton dancing display being performed by the pair of shameless eastern houri’s and resolves to offer up a suitable prayer for them both later tonight...😉...😍

As usual, he'll emerge from the situation with reputation enhanced, despite somewhat carelessly presenting his bayonet in the general direction of the lovely ladies.

The girls are 75mm resin kit figures from Chronos miniatures. Can’t remember what 75mm kit provided the basic male figure, but it’s had a fair old amount of conversion work to make him resemble my favorite 19th century scoundrel, and lifetime role model...😮...😁

01-Lahore-Durbar-14-Dec-2021.jpg

02-Lahore-Durbar-14-Dec-2021.jpg

03-Lahore-Durbar-14-Dec-2021.jpg

04-Lahore-Durbar-14-Dec-2021.jpg

05-Lahore-Durbar-14-Dec-2021.jpg

06-Lahore-Durbar-14-Dec-2021.jpg

Edited by Cadman
typo
  • Like 12

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

Excellent work well done 👏 

Thanks mate -- just me having a bit of fun, of course.

However, that firearm Flashy's holding is set at a really awkward angle, which is dictated by the figure casting itself.

So I'll probably replace it with a hand that's holding a brandy bottle.

😆

• Haha 1

Those are super, Flashy with a "well, a chap must do what a chap must do", look on his mug, the brandy bottle is a great idea, but not too much Flashy, you know what they say, nudge wink. ;) :D Missy blue stripes has most beguiling eyes, for starters. :D

Steve.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Those are super, Flashy with a "well, a chap must do what a chap must do", look on his mug, the brandy bottle is a great idea, but not too much Flashy, you know what they say, nudge wink. ;) :D Missy blue stripes has most beguiling eyes, for starters. :D

Steve.

Yeah, Chronos Miniatures do some amazing kit figures.

Wish I could remember which kit I based Flashy on as I'd like to do it again as the standard release.

Guess I'll just have to go through the Historex Agents and El Greco catalogs yet again until I find him.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...