Phoenix modelling magazines.

Alfisti

Can't find any in Dorset..... Been into the Swanage, Dorchester, and Weymouth branches over the last 3 days and none of them have any copies of any of the magazine's (PAM OR PSM). Off to Poole tomorrow so will have a look in there. Failing that, will have to place an online order.

***Edit :Happy to report that PAM is available in Poole Smith's, but no evidence of PSM sadly.

Edited by treker_ed

22 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Can't find any in Dorset..... Been into the Swanage, Dorchester, and Weymouth branches over the last 3 days and none of them have any copies of any of the magazine's (PAM OR PSM). Off to Poole tomorrow so will have a look in there. Failing that, will have to place an online order.

***Edit :Happy to report that PAM is available in Poole Smith's, but no evidence is PSM sadly.

I picked up PAM today in my local Smiths, they have 4 copies of each, and from Phoenix’s point of view the good news is that my local branch has sold all 4 copies of PSM and two copies of PAM (one each to me).

23 hours ago, treker_ed said:

***Edit :Happy to report that PAM is available in Poole Smith's, but no evidence of PSM sadly.

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

I picked up PAM today in my local Smiths, they have 4 copies of each, and from Phoenix’s point of view the good news is that my local branch has sold all 4 copies of PSM and two copies of PAM (one each to me).

You can specify how many Smiths you want your magazine to go into. It costs more to have them in more outlets, of course. WHSmiths have 540-ish 'high street' UK stores, and to the best of my knowledge PAM/PSM isn't even in half them, which will explain why a lot of stores won't have them in stock.

cheers

Jonners

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

You can specify how many Smiths you want your magazine to go into. It costs more to have them in more outlets, of course. WHSmiths have 540-ish 'high street' UK stores, and to the best of my knowledge PAM/PSM isn't even in half them, which will explain why a lot of stores won't have them in stock.

cheers

Jonners

Jonners,

Many thanks for that. I'd like to think however many branches of Smith's that do have PAM/PSM they all sell out of the magazine's they have, as I know from my local Smiths SAM and nd Model Airplane do. Welll, mostly; I have seen over the last 10 years an one of either title left when the new issues come.

I have no skin in the game, I'm glad that there are decent magazines  thriving in today's hugely difficult market for print magazines, and until I can't afford to buy them I'll keep on buying them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Received my latest copy yesterday and what a great filled mag once again! Great content and something that gets over looked is the actual feel of the build quality of the mag. Glossy smooth paper which is a joy to flick through... unlike some mags which seems to use either newspaper or toilet roll lmao!

Go Phoenix!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...