Phoenix modelling magazines.

Alfisti

Still have a sub running for both magazines and the S-3 book was pre-ordered so imagine that they will arrive soon.

Noticed that Part 2 of the F-16 book is now available to pre-order on their website , due April which was expected.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 6:03 PM, Richard Humm said:

The March issues of both magazines were on my doormat when I got home from work today. Looks like I've got some reading to do...

Mine are here now too - super stuff - some interesting reading for us to do tonight! 

John B

Edited by John B (Sc)
  • Like 1

Sorry we ran out of S-3 Viking books but now have reprint in stock. All who have ordered over the last 2 weeks your copies went in post today and I apologise for the delay.

And the F-16 Part One is 1 copy away from going out of stock.

Again we will order a second run, but will be doing that with the F-16 Part 2 run to keep costs down so will not be restocked till mid April ready for the show season. We will be at Mosson in Hungary 23-34 April, Milton Keynes ModelKraft 8th May,Eastbourne 2nd July and US nationals 20th-23rd July and I am sure we are not alone in wanting to get back to going to shows.

• Like 4

Just a shout out to Phoenix team for some good customer service. Last Sunday ordered the February issue online, as I had not been able to locate a copy in store.  After about 3 hours got a phone to ask if I had meant to order the Feb issue as the March issue was now available and they wanted to make sure I had selected the correct issue. Thumbs for being proactive. 

Have received my copy last week and so far so good. 

james

• Like 4

I picked my copies of the March issues last Thursday in the local W H Smith.

They only had a couple each.left after I bought mine.

Good reads, too.

Well done, chaps.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just a quick note to say that ive had no issues with a refund of a Magazine that was placed last week. This was ordered as part of a larger order and since the post on FB that the team are away at MOSUN at the moment there will be a delay in getting the mags and books out. I manage to pick up a copy in McColls, emailed Dave and duly received a no quibble refund.  My Books will be sent when they are back which is not a problem at all especially as a book is not released until next week.  So buy with confidence and dont listen to haters out there.

• Like 1

A very helpful team to deal with , I didn't realise that the S-3 book had been released far less that my pre-order was adrift until Dave's comment above about the second print run being in stock , contacted them and a replacement arrived within forty-eight hours and then a phone call before the F-16 Part 2 orders were sent out to check that the S-3 problem had in fact been dealt with.

Now have the E-2 Hawkeye on pre-order.

10 hours ago, Des said:

Agreed , subscription copies arrived this morning.

Got to agree with those sentiments.My copies have also arrived,top marks.

Up the Phoenix! Been buying since the Telford editions and can't get enough! 
Will NEVER go back to SAMI or MAM or anything printed by that Elliott scu-bloke.

Will be taking out a subscription to PAM very soon.

All the best and maybe see you at MK 👌

~W

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, cardiff guy said:

WH Smith in Cardiff do not seem to be carrying this magazine, what date does it hit the stands.

Regards  Glenn

According to their Facebook page, from 30th June.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Funny thing is I bought the  scale modelling magazine just now at my local W H Smiths, but they didn’t have the Aviation magazine on display.

Do the two magazines have different publication dates or is it just W H Smiths’ incompetence?

3 hours ago, Whofan said:

Do the two magazines have different publication dates or is it just W H Smiths’ incompetence?

WH Smith's incompetence.... My understanding from talking to one of the editors is that they have the same publication date!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, treker_ed said:

WH Smith's incompetence.... My understanding from talking to one of the editors is that they have the same publication date!

I'm sure they do, but in fairness it's the first time I've seen this happen at my local branch - can't speak for other branches, of course - so may just be a misunderstanding by staff.

I've just had a message from @WarthogMKL, as follows;

"Over the last few months some branches get both some none at all or only one title. But it is only at the end of the month when we get a zero sale on a branch that should have that we find out. Very very frustrating. But in this case it is early and though delivered at the same time to the  central warehouse they may have not separated and it will turn up between now and saturday the proper start date for this issue..

It is getting better as when we first started branches just returned them for upping without even getting them on the shelf."

It looks to me as if W H Smith's central distribution system is flawed, compounded by what I'm sure is a mistake at my local branch.

I'll be able to go back to the Branch in Saturday and check if PAM is there.