Phoenix modelling magazines.

Alfisti

Ordered the 2 initial issues of Phoenix Aviation Modelling and Phoenix Scale Modelling direct from publishers last month.First impressions are good,looking forward to next issues that are due in January.Decided to take out a sub for both mags,ordered them online and thought thats it,just wait until January for them to arrive,do not particularly like digital,so have physical on order.Then,yesterday evening,mobile phone rings,did not recognise number,but decided to answer,could be I'm inline for a legacy from some forgotten wealthy relative who emigrated to an African country.But no,its from Phoenix publications confirming my order,and just making sure that I have ordered correctly from the web page(its an age thing with me and modern technology lol).Now thats what I call a very good service and customer care. 

Dave.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

For those curious, the next issues of both Phoenix Scale Publications titles will be available at WH Smiths on January 24th!  There's a build of the Revell RazorCrest in PSM.

https://www.facebook.com/phoenixscalepublications/photos/pcb.134205272394161/134204895727532

https://www.facebook.com/phoenixscalepublications/photos/pcb.134205272394161/134205232394165

Or digitally, of course. 

Edited by Paul Bradley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,just received my 2 issues,and the sanding pads.Good reads both,they are going from strength to strength,keep up the good work lads.

Dave.

• Like 1

All subscribers got a gift, but did not know how many I would need. so only advertised it on the 3 month one as the longer subs get free months as there offer,. This will carry on till I run out and then will stop till I buy new ones. 

No subscriber will miss out on any freebies I can get.

• Like 4

I ordered a subscription on the website at 2130 on Sunday, got a confirmation phone call half an hour later, and received the magazines today. As they were sent second class, I'm also going to have to congratulate Royal Mail, but that's pretty good service all round.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Richard Humm said:

I ordered a subscription on the website at 2130 on Sunday, got a confirmation phone call half an hour later, and received the magazines today. As they were sent second class, I'm also going to have to congratulate Royal Mail, but that's pretty good service all round.

That's very good.

As for me I ordered/paid for a subscription on 22nd December last year. No phone call for me and as of today no magazine either! See what the postman brings tomorrow.

P

40 minutes ago, PDH said:

That's very good.

As for me I ordered/paid for a subscription on 22nd December last year. No phone call for me and as of today no magazine either! See what the postman brings tomorrow.

P

Haha - I'm eagerly awaiting mine too - though if they went out on the 24th January, which is what was said earlier on in a previous topic, by second class post that could mean another day or two wait yet ! 

John B 

• Like 1

All PREORDERED ISSUES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS issues were posted on Friday at 2PM some arrived with customers the next day, a number appeared at customers on Monday the test copies sent to five partners based in Newport Pagnell,  Bedford, Cannock and Wolverhampton all landed today. Richards as online above went RM 2nd class at 9am Monday and he got his today which is pretty impressive

Contact me on [email protected] and I will check the Royal Mail manifest to make sure there is not an issue out our end and I will supply copies to customers to show the postage left us, we are honest unlike some.

I always call customers iff I have a query on an order as I want to make sure we get things right but sadly I can not call all though we reply to all messages left on out answerphone as quick as my shifts in day job allows.

Sadly Royal Snail is the one thing we can not do a lot about though so far they have been Stella for most customers.

And while we are at it all preordered F-16 books are in the post in the morning on schedule.

DF

• Like 4

12 hours ago, WarthogMKL said:

All PREORDERED ISSUES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS issues were posted on Friday at 2PM some arrived with customers the next day, a number appeared at customers on Monday the test copies sent to five partners based in Newport Pagnell,  Bedford, Cannock and Wolverhampton all landed today. Richards as online above went RM 2nd class at 9am Monday and he got his today which is pretty impressive

Contact me on [email protected] and I will check the Royal Mail manifest to make sure there is not an issue out our end and I will supply copies to customers to show the postage left us, we are honest unlike some.

I always call customers iff I have a query on an order as I want to make sure we get things right but sadly I can not call all though we reply to all messages left on out answerphone as quick as my shifts in day job allows.

Sadly Royal Snail is the one thing we can not do a lot about though so far they have been Stella for most customers.

And while we are at it all preordered F-16 books are in the post in the morning on schedule.

DF

Thanks David. I'll see what the postman brings in the next couple of days and get in touch as necessary.

P

6 hours ago, PDH said:

Thanks David. I'll see what the postman brings in the next couple of days and get in touch as necessary.

P

David - nothing in today's Royal Mail delivery. I have sent you an email.

P

PDH's replacment is on way, a glitch in our system had stopped his name appearing on the subscribers generation so his had not been sent. Our fault and I have phoned him to explain.

Still waiting to hear from John B so I can see if his is the same issue.

Big Day tomorrow as the mags hit newsstand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@WarthogMKL Just popped into the WH Smiths in Bletchley, they have confirmed PAM & PSM are appearing in smiths, however, the Bletchley branch do not think that they will be receiving it as they did not receive any copies of the first issue. On that basis, they don't tend to get any of the subsequent issues (as they have just advised me!)😧

On 1/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, WarthogMKL said:

Mine arrived this morning and brought a little brightness to dull, dank and dismal Montrose (Friday 28th.).

Next question is . . . . .  when will Part 2 be available to pre-order?

• Like 3

Picked up PAM and PSM today at my local W H Smith, first look very good.

And also Jethro Tull, The Zealot Gene, Welcome to the planet by Big Big Train and The art of losing by The Anchoress.

7 hours ago, Des said:

Mine arrived this morning and brought a little brightness to dull, dank and dismal Montrose (Friday 28th.).

Next question is . . . . .  when will Part 2 be available to pre-order?

We will not start taking preorders till we are 100% sure of when it is going to print.

As for when, the plan is that we will have the F-16 pt 2 for the Mosson Model Show in Hungary on the 23rd- 24th April and if that event is cancelled we will have them for sure at ModelKraft in Milton Keynes on the 8th May. 

So I reckon we will open pre-orders around the 1st of April but keep an eye on our website and Facebook page

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Picked up PAM and PSM today at my local W H Smith, first look very good.

And also Jethro Tull, The Zealot Gene, Welcome to the planet by Big Big Train and The art of losing by The Anchoress.

I will say I pinched myself when I saw them in our local newsagent.

In our original business  plan we did not plan to have magazines In the shops till summer 2024!!! And here we are 2 months after the first issue on sale in over 1200 shops across the UK.

BONKERS

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, WarthogMKL said:

I will say I pinched myself when I saw them in our local newsagent.

In our original business  plan we did not plan to have magazines In the shops till summer 2024!!! And here we are 2 months after the first issue on sale in over 1200 shops across the UK.

BONKERS

I think you have every right to be pleased with yourselves!

• Like 1

Stonking, we have actually sold out in some branches.  Phoenix Scale Models is slightly ahead of Phoenix Aviation Modeller on sales.

And In our store we have almost run out of PAM and are getting a small second run printed to keep up with demand which will be in 7 days.

It will take a few months while we fine tune numbers of each needed in each branch but we will always try to keep enough in our online store if the high street does run out.

• Like 4