1/72 - Blériot-Spad 510 C.1 by FRROM/Azur - released

Homebee

New game from FRROM

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=jeu_N3-2

Start Thursday 16 December 2021 - 18:00 Paris time

Game Nr3

We will release a new AZUR-FRROM kit soon ( April / May 2022). Two boxes will be provided. The goal of the game is to guess what will be this new kit. Scale is : 1/72 nd scale. We will give every day additional information on the plane or the kits (three clues each day, with a bonus on first day, so it might be quite fast), we will request the few people who have inside knowledge not to participate and not to give the information to their friends (staff from Special Hobby group are not allowed to participate).

Information and clues :

Reminder : you may play more than once, but only once in a 'play day' (see below). Please read the rules ... The informations provided are true (but the goal of the the game is NOT to have everybody winning on day one !)

In your answer, please give us your geographical zone (FR or CZ or Rest of the World) and please give your answer in the Title (Objet) of your mail. Thank you !

A "major conflict" is one which involved more than 4 countries, which caused more than 5 millions casualties, lasted more than 3 years

Rules :

Winner in each geographical zone will get these two  kits, shipment to our charge (the winner will be the first one to give the right answer, according to the rules).

3 geographical zones : France, Czech Republic and … rest of the world (well -yes- France and Czech Republic are a third of the world, for this game)

Game will start on Thursday, 16 th of December, 2021, at 18:00, french winter time. No answer will be taken into account before the start (so please check what that means in your local time)

You have to give the manufacturer and the type, or the manufacturer and common name of the plane. Example, in the FRROM range: Vickers Type 132 or Vickers Vildebeest (Vickers Type 132 Vildebeest wouldl for sure be allowed). If there is a discrepancy, manufacturer and type will be taken (Vickers type 132 Spitfire give Vickers  type 132)

Answers should be sent by the Contact page of the site Please put in the title (objet) of the message : "Game", your answer, your geographical zone

Only one answer is allowed per person (so we need your family and personal name) and per ‘play day’ (see below). In case of multiple answers for a person and a ‘play day’, we will cancel ALL THE ANSWERS for this person and ‘play day’ (just in case some smart person might send the list of all planes of all planes manufacturers on first day).

Variations in spelling are authorized (dots or dash or blank in type, Dassaut for Dassault), up to some limit

Some additional information will be published every ‘play day’ around 18:00 (french winter time), in english first then in french (but page management may be strange sometimes)  

A ‘play day’ runs from 18:00 (French winter time) on a calendar day to 18:00 (French winter time), next calendar day

We will publish the geographical zones in which the correct answer has been given, but not the winners names before the announcement (end of game). We will advise the winners by email

We will NOT use the emails addresses for commercial purposes or sell these addresses

The game may be stopped at any time.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - New tool kit by FRROM/Azur - guess the type game - release April-May 2022

Second time we go back to the same river? :) Ok, lets play...

My wish list:

1. Douglas DB 7/Havoc 1

2. Blackburn Botha

3. Breguet XIX (but two boxes? - too few)

4. Caproni AP1

5. Caproni Vizzola F4-F6 series

6. CAMS 55

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Nope. I guess the first three will be posted tomorrow, for sure the day after.

Thanks, if it’s as good an announcement at the Fairey Battle I should very much look forward to it. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

'A "major conflict" is one which involved more than 4 countries, which caused more than 5 millions casualties, lasted more than 3 years' - so I think it's gotta be Covid-related. Possibly the 'Thank You NHS' - liveried European Aviation A340. In 1/32 scale, obvs.

• Haha 5

The only wars after 1914 with more than 5 million casualties:

WW1

Russian Civil War - took more than 5 million lives, lasted 4-5 years and interventions from other nations + fighting the new nations like Poland and the Baltic states.

Chinese Civil War - only one nation, but many warlords

China-Japan War 1937-45 - only two nations

WW2

(Korean and Vietnam wars, my sources have less than 5 million casualties)

So they could throw us a curve ball and refer to the Russian Civil War instead of the two World Wars.

5 minutes ago, LN-KEH said:

So they could throw us a curve ball and refer to the Russian Civil War instead of the two World Wars.

Unlikely. World War I itself is not a very popular subject, let alone the Russian Civil War. Remember that this model will be sold not only by FR.ROM, but also by Special Hobby.

In turn, the Second Sino-Japanese War itself is not just about two countries. After all, there is the support of the Soviet Union on the Chinese side, and on the Japanese side we have Manchukuo - a puppet state, but nevertheless with some international recognition. So we have four countries and a lot of potential topics.

There is also another major conflict that everyone forgets about - the Second Congo War (1998-2003). It lasted more than three years, involved more than four countries and resulted in over five million deaths. In addition, this conflict fits in with the main theme of FR.ROM production, namely some kind of relationship with France or its neighbours. Let me remind you that in the previous competition, the theme was the Fairey Battle, used after all by the Belgians. Admittedly, this is a long shot, but I would not rule out this war either.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Unlikely. World War I itself is not a very popular subject, let alone the Russian Civil War. Remember that this model will be sold not only by FR.ROM, but also by Special Hobby.

Nonetheless, Special Hobby do make several WW1 subjects, and good ones at that.

Paul.

11 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Indeed, but the last new tool kit of a WWI aircraft was released by Special Hobby in 2017 and it was a Fokker D.II in 1/32 scale. Here we are talking about 1/72 and in this scale Special Hobby doesn't seem to have released any WWI aircraft.

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun? I didn't realise it was so long ago, probably influenced by just having built one of the 1/48th kits.  And indeed I can't think of one in 1/72nd, so probably rules that out, as does also the mention of June 1940 in the clues.

Paul.

50 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

D1.2     Built at less than 192 units before June 1940

This is a bit ambiguous. Is it:

less than 192 were built, production stopped in June 1940

or

less than 192 were built, production stopped before June 1940

or

less than 192 were built by June 1940, production continued and more were built after June 1940

And do they mean 192 exactly or actually less than 192, this seems like the kind of thing which may get lost in translation.

Edited by Adam Poultney