Fokker D.XXI 1/72 Special Hobby

Hello fellow britmodellers,

this is older Special Hobby which still builds very well. I only added few missing panel lines and some other smaller details omitted in the kit.

On the 10th May 1940 the '221' was flown by H.Doppenberg who shot down one Bf 109E over the De Koojl airfield, but the machine was destroyed on the ground few days later.

The kit was painted with Gunze H colors according to instructions, just the Beige came out little odd on the pictures (it fact it is more greyish).

Cheers

Libor

51743069467_25b9156a9d_o.jpg

51744136393_0d07cddd2e_o.jpg

51743069377_f21d2882b4_o.jpg

51744784090_73fd3f127e_o.jpg

51744136443_7f3b79d565_o.jpg

• Like 65
  • Thanks 1

Roman: you know, each country had its own specifics:-)

Luka: those were the lines around the canopy (the folding hatch), on the nose, making a rectangular aperture on the port side and circle one on the starboard, adding filling cap on the noise along with a bulge, from spare etched I added the elevator hinges and maybe others I already forget.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Absolutely the best DXXI In have seen in any scale! Perfect camouflage and detailing, Libor. The only way to improve this one would be to do another in Finnish colors and markings, like FR-92 from TLeLv 12 with the kicking mule, which is my all-time favorite! You nailed the Dutch colors, in my opinion! What paints did you use?

Mike

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/291959988326311548/

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your kind comments gents, much appreciated!

14 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Absolutely the best DXXI In have seen in any scale!

Thanks Mike, but for sure there are better examples out there. For instance this one from my fellow Vladimir Kafka (Airone Hobby), see HERE

The only way to improve this one would be to do another in Finnish colors and markings, like FR-92 from TLeLv 12 with the kicking mule, which is my all-time favorite!

Mike

Actually I already built three Finnish D.XXI's, but I may add another couple as this is my all time favorite type too!

What paints did you use?

Gunze Aqueous H17 Brown, H36 Dark Green and H325 Light Grey with a touch of H70 RLM02 and H318 Radome.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Redboost @antti @Antti_K

Just now saw this, and thought I would share it-hope you haven't seen it before. What I wouldn't  give to be there to see the first flight! Looks like they are doing  magnificent job!

Mike

https://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/fokker-d-xxi-replica-nearing-first-flight.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1