You couldn't make it up......

bentwaters81tfw

Yes I know it's paywall, but the comments sum it up perfectly.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/13/scientists-studying-microplastics-antarctica-discoverit-almost/

Here is DM's editorial. I have not read it through, or the comments, but at least you can get an idea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10303793/Microplastics-Experts-Antarctica-89-samples-analysed-came-SHIP.html

@Bullbasket

Edited by bentwaters81tfw
Updated with non-paywall content
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Can't open it Frank. When the page opens, up pops the usual box about accepting or managing cookies, but on top of that, is a box inviting me to take out a subscription that won't go away.

John.

• Like 2

I have a cookie blocker John.

https://www.i-dont-care-about-cookies.eu/

Sorts all that rubbish out, and I don't have a subscription either. I found the comments in the Telegraph to be most enlightening. They allow hyperlinks so posters can get some real facts and truths out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

They allow hyperlinks so posters can get some real facts and truths out.

They will soon eliminate any posts that are over the target, just like Twitter, FaceBook & YouTube. 

Hell, YouTube even had to change their like/dislike feature because certain people (The Resident) were getting so many dislikes compared with likes.

Hilarious.

17 minutes ago, Dogtail2 said:

So you thought they hadn't already screwed the supply chains enough?  Think again. 

The maritime supply chain issue isn't getting ships from port to port in time, as evidenced by large numbers of ships waiting at anchor or drifting off destination ports.

The problems are shoreside logistics creating bottlenecks in ports.

45 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

The maritime supply chain issue isn't getting ships from port to port in time, as evidenced by large numbers of ships waiting at anchor or drifting off destination ports.

The problems are shoreside logistics creating bottlenecks in ports.

I wasn't suggesting the current problems were due to ships not arriving on time, but the above is definitely not going to help. 

As for shoreside logistics 'problems',  look at California.   About 100 Ships unable to dock and offload because the state authorities refuse to allow trucks that don't meet new eco/green rules to pick up the goods, and there are only a few trucks that do meet them.