Paypal & donations

Hi, I tried to make a donation today and clicked on the button.

It took me to a paypal page.

I don't object to using paypal as a vehicle to process transactions but it seemed to insist on me signing up to the service. 

I flatly refuse to do that.

Is it something I am doing wrong or is it a system problem?

FYI I use Firefox as a browser on a Windows 10 PC that's fully up-to-date.

FFH

I had a similar issue elsewhere. I think PayPal have changed things. If you want guest payments using a donate button, the account holder has to enable this in the settings.

I'm pretty sure that previously guest payments were allowed by default.

Cheers

Colin

7 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Hi, I tried to make a donation today and clicked on the button.

It took me to a paypal page.

I don't object to using paypal as a vehicle to process transactions but it seemed to insist on me signing up to the service. 

I flatly refuse to do that.

Is it something I am doing wrong or is it a system problem?

FYI I use Firefox as a browser on a Windows 10 PC that's fully up-to-date.

FFH

Firstly, thanks for trying to support us :yes: You've clearly managed it before, and I suspect it's the link on the (dreadfully old-fashioned) homepage that allows folks to donate without being a PayPal account holder.  Here's a link:

https://www.britmodeller.com

Just be careful you don't stay there too long, or read the text, as you may nod off and your SO could well write on your face with a permanent marker.  You have been warned :D

If you can have a go and come back to me about your experience, I'd be grateful.  It's really hard to test these things more than once with your own account, as the last time I tried to test it again, it wouldn't let me use my personal account again. :confused:

Thanks,

Using the 'donate' link on the home page worked and took me to where I could make a credit card donation.

The link of the 'forums' page takes you elsewhere on the PayPal site and is probably something more to do with admin than donations.

Have a great Christmas and I hope Santa brings you all the kits you've ever dreamed of ...

FatFlyHalf

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 8:58 PM, Mike said:

If you can have a go and come back to me about your experience, I'd be grateful. 

Hi Mike,

I just flipped a few coins in the pot via PayPal and it was easy :).

All my best,

Martin

• Thanks 1