1/32 - Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2c & e/f resin kit by LukGraph - released

Homebee

LukGraph resin is to release a 1/32nd Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2c resin kit - ref. 32-038

Source: https://www.facebook.com/LukGraph/posts/4654986227918038

Royal Aircraft Factory BE2c project in 1:32 scale has started.

Estimated release date of the model by the end of January next year. As always we start the engine. Many thanks to James Fahey for helping with the design of the model. We will make every effort to reproduce the model as best we can.

266945942-4654980851251909-4733459113611

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2c resin kit by LukGraph - in design - release January-February 2022

One might say at last - a 1/32 BE2. Getting an E model from it would be tricky given it had quite different wings. 

Well done LukGraph though and 👏 bravo. 

Now about that 1/32 Bristol Scout if you are listening……..:wicked::D

A BE2f is basically a BE2c fuselage modified to take BE2e wings - so a natural step on the way for LukGraph.

Both the original that did end up flying in NZ and the static one here in Oslo are BE2f aircraft even if they often are referred to as BE2e. 

Great news but at the same time I can't get excited as I fear I won't be able to afford one.

3 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

Both the original that did end up flying in NZ and the static one here in Oslo are BE2f aircraft even if they often are referred to as BE2e. 

I can't speak for Norway but A1325 is always referred to as an "f".

I'd be interested in this. Had a thing for the BE2 since "Wings".  Around 14 I scratchbuilt one from paper, balsa, cocktail sticks and cotton.  It was reasonably convincing at 1/48.

My understanding is a BE2e is an uneven winged c whereas the f is a rewinged d.

And the difference between c and d is the tank under front seat vs top wing.  But then C-type vary widely anyway!

10 hours ago, JohnT said:

One might say at last - a 1/32 BE2. Getting an E model from it would be tricky given it had quite different wings. 

Well done LukGraph though and 👏 bravo. 

Now about that 1/32 Bristol Scout if you are listening……..:wicked::D

Copper State Models said they are doing a Bristol Scout in the future on their Facebook page a few months ago.

Excellent news on the BE though and not long to wait either?

Mike

Edited by mick b
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Great news but at the same time I can't get excited as I fear I won't be able to afford one.

I can't speak for Norway but A1325 is always referred to as an "f".

They were sold to Norway as BE2e - must have been hell of a salesman being able to sell BE2 aircraft in 1920 when so many better surplus aircraft were available from France and the UK.

First mention I saw of them as BE2f, was when A1325 after purchase by Peter Jackson got dismantled for rebuild and to serve as a pattern for newbuilds. 
It had previously been gifted to a British museum for restoration there in Norwegian colours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

They were sold to Norway as BE2e - must have been hell of a salesman being able to sell BE2 aircraft in 1920 when so many better surplus aircraft were available from France and the UK.

First mention I saw of them as BE2f, was when A1325 after purchase by Peter Jackson got dismantled for rebuild and to serve as a pattern for newbuilds. 
It had previously been gifted to a British museum for restoration there in Norwegian colours.

Here's TVAL's take on it (link).

6 hours ago, KITCAT said:

A flying coffin, NO, not for me.

A nice, stable aircraft with few vices and safe to fly as long as nobody were shooting at you. 

It is one of the few early aircraft I would be interested to go for a ride in - if I could squeeze into the rather narrow cockpit.

• 4 weeks later...

I asked on the Facebook page if a BE2f is in LukGraph's future:

I have not checked if there are differences between C and F- if the model "F" can be based on "C", it is quite possible. Thank you

I've explained the key difference regarding the wing, and shared some photos of A1325/ZK-BFR for assistance.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2c resin kit by LukGraph - 3D renders+master model - release January-February 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2c resin kit by LukGraph - 3D renders+master model - release February 2022 (?)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2c resin kit by LukGraph - 3D renders+master model - release March 2022

This kit is farout a challange to build.

I did it in 1/48 fro. RODEN and it's aquovalent, the RE 8 in 1/32.

You will need good nerves like steel when rigging. Specially the 4 point rigging platesxat the mid-undrrwing!

Luckgraph kits are of best quality. Got all of them!

Happy modelling 

• Like 1

Hallo

Yes  but In 1/48. With self designed etched parts as rigging plates.

And in 1/32 the Re 8. 

The fuselage is the same. All attatchmend positions also. Engine and wing geometry is different. Not the rigging in general. 

I built a sub variant from the Be 2c in 1/48. Here I failed.

As I told you, the 4 point position for rigging is THE challenge. Midwing specially.

The pictures from Luckgraph look outstanding!

Happy modelling 

1 hour ago, dov said:

Hallo

Yes  but In 1/48. With self designed etched parts as rigging plates.

And in 1/32 the Re 8. 

The fuselage is the same. All attatchmend positions also. Engine and wing geometry is different. Not the rigging in general. 

As I told you, the 4 point position for rigging is THE challenge. Midwing specially.

The BE.2c and RE.8 may look similar but they are totally different aircraft with different structures: the BE.2 has its cockpits arranged completely differently and even the aft fuselage of the BE,2c is a lot slimmer than the RE.8, even with its unique 'turtledeck' fairing aft of the cockpit. The BE.2e (and similar) subseries have more in common with the RE.8, with their overhung upper wing and kingposts, but again that fuselage is still the 'forward cockpit' design. See here:

RAF_BE2C_Fuselage_structure

Rigging isn't very much different from other British WW1 types, including the double wires (Bristol Fighter for example); I also seem to recall that early BE.2c aircraft had cable bracing rather than Rafwires (can anyone confirm?), so I can't see much to worry about. The kit in any case looks beautiful. 

Edited by Sabrejet
image added
  • Thanks 2

Oh, great!

It looked so similar, so I was mistaken! I had no literature about this two types. The Be2c looks much palpable to me.

The upward kink in the mid fuselage toward forward this gives the Re8 the ackward look! Indeed.

Thank you @Sabrejet, I think I will get this kit too.

Happy modelling

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 7:05 PM, Homebee said:

Well, I've just binge-watched 'Wings' again and this definitely appeals. 

Just need to find some suitable figures to recreate Capt Triggers et al. Airfix Multipose should work..

• Like 2