de Havilland Chipmunk T.10 / Airfix / 1:48 / British Army

mathy

Hi,

just a quick build is this new tool Airfix Chipmunk in 1:48. Add Brassin wheels and Eduard PE`s. Decals are OOB showing off one of just two camoflaged British Army Chipmunks. WP964 was the sole based in the UK (the other was based in Germany).

comp-Chipmunk-1.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-3.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-7.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-8.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-9.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-11.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-13.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-15.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-10.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-19.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-18.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-26.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-32.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-36.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-37.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-38.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-34.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-31.jpg

comp-Chipmunk-35.jpg

Edited by mathy
Text mistake
  • Like 54
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Jonners said:

That's an unusual and very nicely-painted Chippie, Mathy. Great work.

Okay, I'll be the first to point it out, then: Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, but British Army! ☺

Jon

Ohhh ha, must change it😗

• mathy changed the title to de Havilland Chipmunk T.10 / Airfix / 1:48 / British Army

A superb finish! But my first look said something is wrong with the wings? Or is it a parallax error? Just checked my kit, but they are straight.

However, the weathering is spot on! Superb photography as always! 

Cheers

Andy 

You really went to town on the weathering, it looks great! The wings is an issue though, building two of these kits myself at the moment I discovered this also. Strait out of the box the are warped because the location pins are in the wrong location. I took them off but I'm still a little worried regarding the outcome. Will post once done. But again the finish on this kit is really nice, well done.

1 hour ago, Marc the Builder said:

You really went to town on the weathering, it looks great! The wings is an issue though, building two of these kits myself at the moment I discovered this also. Strait out of the box the are warped because the location pins are in the wrong location. I took them off but I'm still a little worried regarding the outcome. Will post once done. But again the finish on this kit is really nice, well done.

Removing the pins to the wing halves works but one needs to ensure the warp is checked before gluing. 

1 minute ago, Paul J said:

Removing the pins to the wing halves works but one needs to ensure the warp is checked before gluing. 

Hi Paul, yes indeed, I tried to get some of this bending out and then I glued the wings clamped between some strait metal parts in the hope that I have corrected this issue. It looks better but I'm still not totally convinced. Just hoping when the're painted up it is less noticable. Time will tell I guess.