B-17 G HKM 1/48

What a stunning beauty!

Here's a pic of one of the hard standings from the airfield of the 486th at Sudbury my old home town, where this was based. The 5th photo with your figures is a perfect image & the next photo could easily have been of that aircraft on this hard standing.

49562583493_e7ce068ed3_k.jpg

Thanks for uploading, brilliant work & photography!

Martin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Farmerboy said:

Brilliant model Andy, do the figures come with the kit? Good job!

Oh no, the figures on the second picture are brandnew from ICM ! On the third picture: some from Verlinden, one from Jaguar (the 1.from the left) and two from ?? Forgot the brand sorry! 

Man, you do some incredible scale modeling Andy!  🍺 That is one big, beautiful bird right there, and what a great job you've done on her!   Just right. :worthy:

edited to add:  While it is "just right" as is, I couldn't help but be drawn to the fourth pic and think how real it looked, and how a sepia-toned copy of that might look.   Andy, I hope you don't mind if I add this pic.   If you do, I will happily delete it.  You sir, have that authentic look down pat with your models. 

andys_17.jpeg

Or this look perhaps?

andys_17(1).jpeg

Edited by Gary Brantley
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Man, you do some incredible scale modeling Andy!  🍺 That is one big, beautiful bird right there, and what a great job you've done on her!   Just right. :worthy:

edited to add:  While it is "just right" as is, I couldn't help but be drawn to the fourth pic and think how real it looked, and how a sepia-toned copy of that might look.   Andy, I hope you don't mind if I add this pic.   If you do, I will happily delete it.  You sir, have that authentic look down pat with your models. 

andys_17.jpeg

Or this look perhaps?

andys_17(1).jpeg

Hi Gary ,

oh I don’t mind! No way! It looks amazing, especially that first sepia toned looks really like an old picture! I am glad that you like this scene and that you are inspired to make this pic’s!

Thank you for sharing my friend!! 🍻

• Thanks 1

A great job on a great aeroplane. The ambiance pics are very neat and translate perfectly the spirit of that period! Happy season greetings to you too!

• Thanks 1