28 Sqn Westland Wapiti in 1/48 ... from a bottle

As others have already said what a stunning model you have made. I noticed you said its part of a plan to build 28 Sqn aircraft, what others have you managed to finish so far? Im currently serving on 28 Sqn as an aircraft engineer so interested to see what you've done or what you have planned

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Motley said:

As others have already said what a stunning model you have made. I noticed you said its part of a plan to build 28 Sqn aircraft, what others have you managed to finish so far? Im currently serving on 28 Sqn as an aircraft engineer so interested to see what you've done or what you have planned

hi Motley. Well this was a bit of a surprise - I never expected to hear from someone serving on 28.

Since you've asked, here's what I have so far, in order of service:

Roy Foss' Sopwith Camel

Bristol F2b

The Wapiti (this thread)

Hawker Audax

Westland Lysander

DH Vampire

DH Venom

Westland Whirlwind

Westland Wessex HC2 (1/48)

Westland Wessex  HC2 (1/32) (Fly abomination) which as I write this realise there's still a few small greeblies required to complete that build

I have also built an Islander and a Dauphin of the RHKAAF, and a 660 Sqn Scout which were stationed at Sek Kong at the same time I was there.

I still have to come up with a Hurricane IIc but I think I'm going to wait for the Arma kit due next year. There's also a Spitfire XIVe, and I recently discovered photos of a BE2e  and an AVRO 504k attributed to 28 Sqn so that means more bloomin' biplanes that don't have kits available.

Next in line though I think is going to be a Hawker Hunter FGA9.  I may even press the buy it now button today

I'm not sure if I'm going to continue the collection past when I served with 28 Sqn... actually WSF, 1st Line, A Shift... as 28 didn't officially have their own groundcrew at that time. I may just stop at the Wessex timeline, I'm really not sure.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, there is nothing I can add which wasn't said before. I'm just utterly impressed what you did here and your WIP serves as an inspiration for me to start with 3D printing myself. My local LHS has bought two printers recently, so I'm currently starting to design my own parts and (hopefully) ultimately a full kit.

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mick Drover said:

What was the printer that you used to print it?

Thanks Mick.   I use an Elegoo Mars with standard Elegoo resin. Its one of the original Mars' but still going strong after more than 2 years of regular use. I consider that printer as one of my best investments.

• 1 month later...