Little Beauty: USCP Porsche 550

This is USCP's 1/24 Porsche 550 Spyder, built pretty much OOB. The only change I made was to modify the front end to 'early' standard by deleting the under-nose vents and adding the small intake. It is indeed, as James Dean might have said, a little beauty...

001 (1)

001 (2)

001 (3)

001 (4)

001 (5)

001 (6)

001 (7)

001 (8)

001 (9)

• Like 20

That is really beautiful. Thought of preordering it, but money was needed elsewhere. Maybe I'll get me one when I finally can come back to modelling. What do you think about the qualitiy? Is it worth the money, or  much fiddling required to get it right as is often the case with resin kits?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Schwarz-Brot said:

That is really beautiful. Thought of preordering it, but money was needed elsewhere. Maybe I'll get me one when I finally can come back to modelling. What do you think about the qualitiy? Is it worth the money, or  much fiddling required to get it right as is often the case with resin kits?

It's beautiful! Quality is superlative, loads of detail despite being a fairly pure shape and fit is great too. There are a few options too (three headlight types!) and I'd recommend it without reservation. Well worth the money. I just wish USCP would make more full kits.

6 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

It's beautiful! Quality is superlative, loads of detail despite being a fairly pure shape and fit is great too. There are a few options too (three headlight types!) and I'd recommend it without reservation. Well worth the money. I just wish USCP would make more full kits.

I think they will do in the future. Thank you for your opinion!

• Like 1

Gorgeous model!, Paint -interior details -wheels…everything looks just perfect. Other than kitbashing a resin body with an injection molded kit, I’ve never been brave enough to attempt a resin kit but your build is making me reconsider. And this USCP kit is a little more affordable than the 1/24 MFH kits. Would love to have one of these to park next to my Fujimi 356. One question on the seat belts: we’re the buckles supplied with the kit? It looks to me like there are two “males” on each set of belts and no “female” receptacles.

• Like 1

That really is a little beauty.

So far I've steered away from Porsche as a subject, not because I dislike it but because I'd end up in a rabbit warren of wanting 356s, 911s, 904s, 917s and who knows what else?

I wish I could make some suggestion for improvement or an original compliment on the quality of the build, but I can't see anything that could be improved and all the compliments have been made (and are well deserved).  Thanks for sharing this with us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnlambert said:

I'd end up in a rabbit warren of wanting 356s, 911s, 904s, 917s and who knows what else?

Sorry,

Already falling down that rabbit hole ... :)

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Think I've hit the bottom of it..... 🤣

Keith

There is no bottom… once you’ve built all the models there were hundreds of, you’re into those there were handfuls of, and ultimately you end up with all the one-off Rufs and Singers, and they probably turn those out 1:1 faster than you or I can in 1/24… 😜

best,

M.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/12/2021 at 16:24, nearsightedjohn said:

Gorgeous model!, Paint -interior details -wheels…everything looks just perfect. Other than kitbashing a resin body with an injection molded kit, I’ve never been brave enough to attempt a resin kit but your build is making me reconsider. And this USCP kit is a little more affordable than the 1/24 MFH kits. Would love to have one of these to park next to my Fujimi 356. One question on the seat belts: we’re the buckles supplied with the kit? It looks to me like there are two “males” on each set of belts and no “female” receptacles.

Yes buckles and belt material are supplied but what you see is all you get. I'm OK with it :)

23 hours ago, johnlambert said:

That really is a little beauty.

So far I've steered away from Porsche as a subject, not because I dislike it but because I'd end up in a rabbit warren of wanting 356s, 911s, 904s, 917s and who knows what else?

I wish I could make some suggestion for improvement or an original compliment on the quality of the build, but I can't see anything that could be improved and all the compliments have been made (and are well deserved).  Thanks for sharing this with us.

Come on in; you'll like it! I have a Starter 904, MFH 917K, Alpha Models Singer 911 and probably something else I've forgotten. And I wouldn't consider myself THAT much of a Porsche fan...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1