Matchbox Corsair II OOB

reini

y4mDqt7WIXRaNBA396iRn5VX9dARXbf3CD0lvBUa

A-7D Corsair II, 356th Tactical Fighter Squadron Green Demons, 354th TFW, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 1972

Kit: Matchbox Corsair II A-7D (#40101)

Scale: 1/72

Paints: Vallejo Model Air

Weathering: Flory Models Dark Dirt wash

Simple hassle free build, built straight from the box without adding, altering or removing anything. Painted using Vallejo Model Air acrylics. Decals were old and colours were fuzzy but settled down suprisingly well. The kit has toy-like qualities but that was part of the charm - realistic details and finesse are for other builds.

Thanks for looking!

y4meCWQW2GXxi1CMgVnF3DyWRH9VNb7P4kFQ4gmt

y4mW3OC3NAImdwrVhs9sMP-ayytcNX6TuRA07FXH

y4meGbbrUqCvOnx78_9klTp0arL0Dw9ucOz8Oyy1

y4mtctTe7d54YnPGHxW_3gu2uoztUjnxmm8-rWRH

y4mXLJWZKHJPLSk6CJruOFt_l_h9MfidI56MyB8r

y4mKAWLW85SQ51-7MZ2xfYA65KCBqAwzcCthrV_V

y4mMPAW1RnAlOVk3hWm5FZROCxghvV49VhTXC_Ys

y4mg3_efVMjDtIDaa5pslCvk0plF0538ES-Vu7-_

• Like 40
  • Thanks 3

That brings back several memories for me including using nail-polish remover to try to revive some semi-dried up Humbrol cockpit green. I subsequently used it for the pale green in the camouflage pattern but it was always a bit lumpy! 

👍

• Like 1

I built this kit many, many years ago when it first came out, and it has held a really special place in my memories ever since. You have done a smashing job of bringing all those happy memories back with your great Corsair.

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing wrong with some classic plastic builds! Some scrub up beautifully and this Corsair is one of them.

Great work and congrats.

JR

• Like 1

That's incredible...considering its the old Matchbox kit! It actually looks pretty accurate and even the panel lines don't look much worse than some of Airfix's recent offerings. Stunning work....i may get one myself!

Edited by binbrook87
  • Like 2

When I saw the heading I wondered which Corsair it would be , lovely to see it was the A-7D which you have finished beautifully.

Although it was simpler in build than the Airfix Corsair which beat it by about a year always felt that the Matchbox kit was the sturdier of the two , well done!

• Like 1