2nd Punjab Cavalry - Finished

Cadman

Although this Latorre Miniatures figure is dismounted, I'd still hazard a guess that it's based on Louis William Desanges's painting of Cpt. Dighton M. Probyn winning his VC at Agra, 1857.

Probyn-s-Horse.jpg

I had originally intended to include him in my "Raiding Party: Lucknow 1857" scene, but at 70mm, he was just that bit too large compared to the other characters I was using.

So I mounted him onto a small plinth and added a bit of landscaping to it.

07-2nd-Punjab-Cavalry-Lucknow-1857.jpg

10-2nd-Punjab-Cavalry-Lucknow-1857.jpg

09-2nd-Punjab-Cavalry-Lucknow-1857.jpg

08-2nd-Punjab-Cavalry-Lucknow-1857.jpg

So that's him added to my new "British India 1800 - 1900" display; which is beginning to get a bit crowded now since this photo was taken. But I'll expand upon that down in the Diorama Section.

Fig-11-New-Display.jpg

• Like 10

Looks like the naughty cyber-pixie's are having some fun.

I've no idea why this thread turned out to be a double-post..!??!

🤨...🙃

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That's another good one Cadman. Are you doing a yearbook entry? I'd love to see all your stuff in the same place. There's only a few days left though.

Yearbook entry?

No idea what that is to be honest.

😕

20 minutes ago, Cadman said:

Yearbook entry?

No idea what that is to be honest.

😕

That's mine. Folks post their year's work like a big RFI. And some talk about plans for next year, though most don't. It's fun reading them, like those Xmas cards with a newsletter inside.

11 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That's mine. Folks post their year's work like a big RFI. And some talk about plans for next year, though most don't. It's fun reading them, like those Xmas cards with a newsletter inside.

Thanks for the link Bertie. You've got some extremely interesting projects there.

Cheers the Noo.

Edited by Cadman
deleted unnecessary comments

9 minutes ago, Cadman said:

Thanks for the link Bertie. You've got some extremely interesting projects there.

Unfortunately, the format simply doesn't work for me as due to the present virus situation, importing kits and other hobby items for future builds has become almost not worth the hassle.

For example, a friend of mine in the States has sent me three figures I want to add to my "Lucknow 1857" WIP Diorama -- and right now I've no idea if they'll ever be delivered due to the import restrictions being tightened up even more than previously, nor do I know how much loot I'll have to cough up in Customs duty. It's a similar story on the three figures I've tried to send him in exchange. Used to be we would just take a shipping boxes round to the local Post Office. The contents would be inspected, she'd pay the postal charge, end of story. That's all changed now. Any international post is now handled by some guy they send to the house. He takes the shipping box away, carries out the security inspection and then calls her to advise the postal cost -- which was eye-watering for the three assembled and painted Pegaso figures I sent to the States yesterday. In addition, I could previously observe the security inspection at the Post Office and was allowed to repack the contents myself. Now with this new procedure I've no idea what they're doing with the contents during the inspection and repacking. Guess I'll know soon enough if my mate receives a box in three or four weeks time and it's full of bits & pieces of three destroyed figures. And that wouldn't be the first time either. What did they think might be hidden inside some white metal kit figures? Illicit WW2 Nazi gold perchance?

🙄

Anyway, I digress and probably shouldn't express such frustration here. Best way to see my stuff is to hit the link to my YouTube channel. It's non-monetized and you get the additional bonus of listening to my weird taste in music as you work through the slideshow videos.

😆

Which reminds me, it's been a while since I added any updated MP4's to my channel, so I suppose I can get on and do a few more while waiting for the figures that will complete the Lucknow dio.

Cheers the Noo.

And people complain about our postal system. That sounds awful. 

9 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

And people complain about our postal system. That sounds awful. 

I could write a book about it, but it would have to go into the horror section of your local branch of Waterstone's.

Cheers

Edited by Cadman

9 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Are they looking for drugs?

Yes, I'll have a look at your YouTube

Maybe. Who knows?

Edited by Cadman