Classic British six and eight wheeled lorry kits - what's available out there?

bootneck

Are you thinking of Kit Form Services (KFS)?

They seemed to have concentrated on military vehicles more recently. And I think some of his other lines have been sold off to others - I’ve been trying to get a Ford Transcontinental but am getting nowhere . . .  

The proprietor is going into retirement shortly.

Nick

Ha! Posted same moment as Keith!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keefr22 said:

These guys?

https://www.kitformservices.com/

Doesn't look like they'll be around much longer though....

Keith

edit - seems the business has been sold.

The owner is retiring, he sold the business but he has no idea in what form it will continue. At least not until a couple of months ago when I ordered a batch of stuff (mostly rims and hubs) to last me a couple of years 🙂

I ordered from him before, what I hadn't realized this time was what brexit really means, man that parcel became expensive when it got here 😆

I do hope his work continues, he made great stuff of high quality.

• Like 2

KFS has been sold, Howard is retiring. The company has been sold as a whole and will continue in British ownership.

they haven’t concentrated on just military stuff, the truck range has been added to until he made the choice to retire.

the Transcon kit is now with MG mouldings and will be available again soon

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nick Belbin said:

Thanks for the update, Rich.

Nick

The new web site will allow you to order online and not have to call or email when it’s up and running, all the range will be re-stocked except the sold transkits, and new items are being planned

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Six97s said:

https://modellersresource.co.uk/  acquired a few of the KFS transkit masters.   I think the ERF A series is the only one available currently.

More should be available next year, but he is doing some of his own kits, including a complete Ford Cargo 4x2 tractor unit, some 80’s king low loaders, mk1 transit conversion for the italeri mk2, and a Volvo F7 transkit first.

id recommended a visit to his page, he does some lovely British lorry kits, inc a Commer and Austin/Morris FF

Have MG Mouldings taken on a lot of Kit Form Services civilian stuff?

Ref. Mike's original post, there is company named Hart Models that I can think of. I think they are at Hartley Wintney, Hampshire. The make white metal kits of British Commercials.

Mike said that he might not be comfortable with metal kits. Basically they should be not much more difficult to building a resin out where super glue and epoxy adhesives are the norm.

No, MG Mouldings have only taken the Transcontinental.

modellers resource have the Leyland Marathon, Leyland T45, Scammell Trunker, Seddon Atkinson 401 (and a separate kit to convert to a 400), ERF A Series, Mk2 Atkinson Borderer & Volvo F10 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1