Planes Names and Dames GB in the Bunfight for 2023

TEMPESTMK5

Good afternoon / evening everyone 

We all know that since the beginnings of aviation pilots but also ground crews from around the world have decorated their aircraft with names and nose arts ..

I would like to propose a Gb for aircraft / helicopters decorated with a name and/or a noseart  like this superb Mustang 

ujh3.jpg

No matter the Time or the Place as long as it is decorated with a name or a drawing, this aircraft has its place in this Gb ..of course if you can find a photo référence of your subject it would be even better..

Patrice 

• Like 3

Good evening

Ok I start the list /

1 / TEMPESTMK5

2 /  vppelt68

3 /  Dansk

4 /  Col

5 / Jabba

6 / theplasticsurgeon

7 / 2996 Victor

8 / Ettore

9 /  Andwil

10 / Adam Poultney

11 / Wez

12 / Jockney

13 / Tryckyrich

14 / Stefan Buysse

15 / jackroadkill

16 / Hairy Stickler

17 / Wellzy 

18 / Valkyrie

19 / zegeye

20 / ModelingEdmontonian

21 / Hockeyboy76

22 / Thom216

23 / danbuoy

24 / Corsairfoxfouruncle

25 / exdraken

26 / modelling minion

27 / Marlin

28 / John Masters

29 / stevehnz 

30 / 81-er

31 / stevej60

Patrice

52 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Brilliant. I’m in too.

13 minutes ago, Col. said:

Good evening Patrice.

Please sign me up for this one. No idea which subject yet but sure I'll pick something when the time comes :) 

Good evening Danks and Col

Welcome aboard your name is on the list ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Thanks 2

Merde! un an et un mois plus tôt ? Cependant je serai avec toi .......... ..........................maintenant je dois le traduire poliment:)

Je suis à la retraite depuis seulement sept jours et l'année prochaine (2022) je dois me partager entre deux sites, un italien (www.modelismopiù.it) et Britmodeller

Damn, a year and a month ago? However I will be with you :)

I have been retired for just seven days and next year I will divide myself between two sites, one Italian (Modelismo più) and Britmodeller:banghead:

à bientôt

Ettore

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jabba said:

I am sure that some of the nose art from the Gulf region will count. If so then add my name to the list.

Good morning Jabba 

Yes of course all aircraft with a nose arts are welcome ..

I add your name to tje list ..

Best Regards 

Patrice 

10 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Just realised I've got Glamorous Glennis to start with, possibly others.  Count me in.

Tamiya-X1.jpg

Scrappiest box in the world.

Good morning theplasicsurgeon 

Welcome aboard with Glamorous Glennis ...I add your name to the list ..

Best Regards 

Patrice 

10 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Please sign me up for this one, please!

Cheers,

Mark

Good morning Mark 

Welcome aboard I add your name to the list ..

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ettore said:

Merde! un an et un mois plus tôt ? Cependant je serai avec toi .......... ..........................maintenant je dois le traduire poliment:)

Je suis à la retraite depuis seulement sept jours et l'année prochaine (2022) je dois me partager entre deux sites, un italien (www.modelismopiù.it) et Britmodeller

Damn, a year and a month ago? However I will be with you :)

I have been retired for just seven days and next year I will divide myself between two sites, one Italian (Modelismo più) and Britmodeller:banghead:

à bientôt

Ettore

Hi Ettore 

Welcome aboard ,I add your name to the list ..

Enjoy your retirement , now you have more time for modelling whatever the  site ..

Best Regards 

Patrice 

IMG_20210602_131422247

I could do one of the Gulf Victor K2s. I think I could have a go at correcting the wings of the GWH K2 (they're B2 wings which were longer, K2s had their wings clipped to slow fatigue). 

Three Gulf Victors left, all of which have names and nose art. That's down from four since Marham's XH673 was cut up, but I don't think that one had a name.

Seems like an excuse to visit XM715 "Teasin' Tina" at Brunty if it's publicly accessible again by the time this GB could run, or perhaps XL231 "Lusty Lindy" at Elvington. Already visited XH672 "Maid Marian" at the RAF Museum Cosford but just like most of the RAF Museum's indoor exhibits, good photos are very difficult to get.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wez said:

Go on Patrice, I'm sure I can find something to fit in with this.

Good afternoon Wez

Welcome aboard I add your name to the list ..

I think that the new Armahobby Mustang will soon join your stash I just received this email from Wojtek Bulhak

"P-51 B/C Mustang™ kit was just released. Thank you for placing orders in presale. It was the best product launch in Arma Hobby yet. We are packing preorders and preparing deliveries to distributors at now. Kits will hit shop shelves in Poland and Europe next week or two. We are waiting your feedback, especially your posts with kit pictures on the social media (please use hashtag #armahobby), forums and blogs are very appreciated. Please share links to your posts by email or in Arma Hobby social media."

Best Regards

Patrice

• 1 month later...

I like this one Patrice!!! :thumbsup:

Plus I don't even have to leave my stash for it..... I have a 1/48 Tornado GR.4 that I plan to back-date to a Gulf War GR.1 with the desert babe on the side!

Add me to the list.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Patrice

Would this one be OK ?

Gju290-index

Cheers Pat

Good morning Pat

Yes of course welcome aboard

I add your name to the list ..

Best regards

Patrice

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I like this one Patrice!!! :thumbsup:

Plus I don't even have to leave my stash for it..... I have a 1/48 Tornado GR.4 that I plan to back-date to a Gulf War GR.1 with the desert babe on the side!

Add me to the list.

Good morning Rich

Welcome aboard

I add your name to the list ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Patrice

Would this one be OK ?

Gju290-index

Cheers Pat

are you really the Pat we all know and love....or have you been taken over by aliens???  :hmmm: The new Pat/Alien Pat is building some unusual/interesting/and huge models!!  :D

• Haha 3