F-4E Kurnass - Yom Kippur Sledgehammer!

Just now, Latinbear said:

That is really very nice indeed. Also like the history surrounding the build too. I agree entirely about never having too many Phantoms!

Thanks very much! I find the research for a build as satisfying as the modelling side of it. It's nice to find a story you can fit the model into. 

Thanks again 👍

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, kiseca said:

That is a fantastic result and I expect you're really happy it's all finished now!

Thank you, and yes, glad it got finished but looking forward to building another one from the brand new Academy (Revell) release.

• Like 1

That's an excellent result Alan, especially with all the problems you experienced in the build.

The finish is superb and I enjoyed the historic details behind the mixed weapon load (also great, especially the variation in finish on the bombs) - well done!

• Thanks 1

wow! and in 1/32! that one is big!

very clean for a war bird, but heavily loaded! interesting load out by the way! The Phantom (was is Kurnass already back then?) definitely was a bombtruck!

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alan P said:

I really pity anyone who paid the eye-watering £125 RRP for this kit as it's barely better than the Revell kit which retailed at about £45.

This Phantom looks really awesome Alan. Congratulations, well done!...

Regarding to Revell Phantom, two years ago I had bought around 15 samples each for 19.90€ which was cheaper than any 1:72 scale Phantoms. I  kept two of them for me and sold the rest and financed most of my hobby expenses from that profit 🤑

Serkan

• Haha 1

Everyone, too many to thank! Been locked up in a ray-shielded box at work all day, very cheered to come out and find these replies 😊😁👍

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

was it Kurnass already back then?

It was always Kurnass in IAF service from the beginning 👍

1 hour ago, Serkan Sen said:

Regarding to Revell Phantom, two years ago I had bought around 15 samples each for 19.90€...I sold the rest and financed most of my hobby expenses from that profit 🤑

Does ' Serkan' mean 'lucky' in your language? Because it bloody should 😂😂😂 AND you got your Revell SR-71 already!

EDIT: I take it all back 🥴 just saw your post on Rumourmonger 😢😢😢

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Does ' Serkan' mean 'lucky' in your language? Because it bloody should 😂😂😂 AND you got your Revell SR-71 already!

No Alan, but my family name Sen (Şen indeed) means "Happy". And I haven't received my Blackbird yet. Maybe I started to celebrate too early. Apparently you haven't seen my last post yet:

2613.jpg

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Serkan Sen said:

Apparently you haven't seen my last post yet:

2613.jpg

Yes I did! I was editing my post while you were writing yours I think 😢

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Alan P said:

It was always Kurnass in IAF service from the beginning 👍

Thanks! I think Shahaks were called  Mirages for a long time...  just after the French objections of the war it was tried to have proprietary  patriotic, hebrew names for everything.. might be wrong though 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Thanks! I think Shahaks were called  Mirages for a long time...  just after the French objections of the war it was tried to have proprietary  patriotic, hebrew names for everything.. might be wrong though 

I'm not sure, I just found out researching this build they also have Hebrew names for all the missiles as well 😲

• Like 2