Polikarpov I-153 'Seagull' (model 1938) (Směr 1:72)

Greetings, comrades! 
A new addition to the shelf and one of the iconic planes has been painted. I think there is no point in telling about the kit, it has been known to many people since the old days, it looks fine to me... Since the decals in the kit were fictional, I decided to train in painting by choosing a prototype I came across a long time ago. 
Model modifications: made cockpit, door, sight glazing, finalized engine cowl (intake, machine guns, flaps, coupler, nozzles), finalized propeller, made landing gear recesses, finalized struts and wheels, made PVD, swashplates, BANO, aileron and tail loops. 
Painting: GSI Mr.Color urethane-acrylic, Tamiya lacquer, futura, +plain pencil. Decals from kit. 
Enjoy the ride!

aVxiLrNrNSY.jpg?size=1280x1259&quality=9 tUFhS-m2lX0.jpg?size=1280x1141&quality=9 ng4bSXTHKvs.jpg?size=1280x1233&quality=9 29Fu6c6WiP8.jpg?size=1280x923&quality=96 BENkATLqono.jpg?size=1280x863&quality=96 

_UJ2bgJ4xCM.jpg?size=1280x989&quality=96 L-0Rvh7RpJA.jpg?size=1280x932&quality=96 I9xw8RohF0E.jpg?size=1280x954&quality=96 

izMJZAFFVKA.jpg?size=904x1080&quality=96

• Like 26

Nicely done, Sir.

Whatever might be said of the kit's accuracy (and trust me, there's lots) this old Heller kit is so superbly engineered I would far rather build another one than any of the new modern ICM kits.

Great model.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oh I like it.. Ive got one of these on the way and was trying to figure out a scheme. You made the decision for me. 

These came out of the factory in a handsome scheme: aluminum dope fabric and pale grey metal surfaces.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oh I like it.. Ive got one of these on the way and was trying to figure out a scheme. You made the decision for me. 

12 hours ago, Old Man said:

Nicely done, Sir.

Whatever might be said of the kit's accuracy (and trust me, there's lots) this old Heller kit is so superbly engineered I would far rather build another one than any of the new modern ICM kits.

Great model.

10 hours ago, Vince Blackburn said:

Oh my what a fantastic scheme you have done there. Great job.

10 hours ago, Learstang said:

Excellent job on that Chaika! Some of those early Great Patriotic War schemes were quite interesting!

Regards,

Jason

8 hours ago, Remus389 said:

The party honors your stahanovist work, comrade MicTroy23 🎖️

7 hours ago, Epeeman said:

wonderful work - excellent rendition of this unusual camo scheme too.

Regards

Dave

4 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Beautiful Polikarpov I-153!

Saluti

Giampiero

Colleagues, thanks for visiting and for the feedback!

• Like 1