1/72 - Boeing B-17C Flying Fortress by Wolfpack Design (plastic Academy) - released - next boxing RAF Fortress Mk.I

Homebee

Wolfpack Design is to rebox the 1/72nd Academy B-17 as Boeing B-17C Flying Fortress - 80th Anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor - ref. WP17212

Sources: 

http://www.wolfpack-d.com/catalog/htm/wp17212.html

https://www.facebook.com/wolfpackd/posts/341193617814034

1/72 B-17C Flying Fortress (Premium Edition Kit)

• Sprue parts by Academy Plastic models,
  • 2 A/C markings for the USAAF during the Attack on Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7 1941.
  • Decal Printing in Korea
  • Canopy Masking seal included,
  • A4 8 pages color printing manual included

Box art

wp17212-1.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B-17C Flying Fortress by Wolfpack Design (plastic Academy) - box art+schemes - release in 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B-17C Flying Fortress by Wolfpack Design (plastic Academy) - box art+schemes - release in 2022 or 2023 ?
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B-17C Flying Fortress by Wolfpack Design (plastic Academy) - box art+schemes++decals+test build - release January 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B-17C Flying Fortress by Wolfpack Design (plastic Academy) - box art+schemes+decals+test build - release January 2023

Hmmm. Might likening of these in Coastal Command ccolours.

As an aside I read somewhere that the scene depicted on the box art and in the film Tora Tora Tora never actually happened. One of the B17s used in the filming suffered an undercarriage failure and had to make a forced landing.  The director decided to film the event (you can see that the actual landing shot was somewhat rushed) and decided to write the event in to the movie. The power of Hollywood meant that it has now become 'fact'.

Edited by Meatbox8
Ridiculous auto correct
  • Like 1

I should probably pick one of these up to stash for the 2 Group project that I've been meaning to do for years, especially if I can work out what blue the 90 Squadron ones were painted in... (I've got the new Colour Conundrum volume from Guideline in which Paul Lucas discausses this, but haven't read it yet).

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B-17C Flying Fortress by Wolfpack Design (plastic Academy) - released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B-17C Flying Fortress by Wolfpack Design (plastic Academy) - released - next boxing RAF Fortress Mk.I