Hokkaido QRA - JASDF F-104J 203rd Hikotai

DSC01121.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

This is my F-104J of the Japan Air Self Defence Force, 2nd Air Wing, 203rd tactical fighter squadron (hikotai). 

I built it for the Interceptors Group Build, starting in November...last year! Just finished it finally about two weeks ago and took some photos today.

DSC01124.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

I chose the 203rd because it based at Chitose Air Base on the island of Hokkaido, a place dear to my heart after some lovely holidays there a few years ago when we lived close to Japan. I miss it very much. Also, I chose this because of the awesome tail marking.

DSC01122.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

It's what you'd expect from Hasegawa - high quality but a bit finicky. My boxing came with the two seater as well but I think I will hold off on building that one for a while.

DSC01125.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

I sprayed the wings and fuselage with tamiya sprays and the rest is done with Vallejo acrylics. The decals were very nice and easy to apply.

DSC01127.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

I'm not an enormous fan of the F-104 but I do think it looks cool. The double box set was a bargain when I got it, which was why I got it, but in the end I am glad I did because this is one of the better models I've made in a good while.

Thanks for looking!

Here is the rather drawn out build thread for those interested:

DSC01131.jpg?w=1352&ssl=1

• Like 30