Fiat G.50 Bis Freccia - 1/32 Special Hobby

This was a really long - and somehow complicated - project. Complicated not because of kit's quality - which is actually really good - but because of my strange ideas to change this kit's "destiny" during the build. I bought it as 1/32 Special Hobby Fiat G.50-II - not "Bis" - and my first idea was to build it in Finnish markings. After the cocpit was done and fuselage halves glued together suddenly I decided to make it Italian. Actually - Italian G.50 Bis because of the camo scheme I chose - 352 Squadriglia 20 Gruppo Autonomo C.T. Martuba , July 1941. So I had to make all the small blisters on engine cowling becase there was no such option in the kit. After several days of deliberating came the simplest possible solution - I just put small drops of Microsol Krystal Clear on carefully degreased surface, let it dry for 24 hours - and voila! Another task was to cut out short tail cone of G.50-II and replace it with longer one for G.50 Bis. Next came the riveting tool.... Special Hobby actually DOES a 1/32 Fiat G.50 "bis" - but buying another one would be "too easy" solution 😉

And this is my first Italian plane ever built. Next are coming. I hope you'll enjoy.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by s00ntir
  • Like 51
  • Thanks 1

Nice work but it seems you have forgotten the flaps actuators underside. There are four on each side and look like inverted "L", best regards.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1