1/48 Eduard Spitfire Mk.VIII RAAF, Balikpapan, August 1945

Since I am still deciding on what to start as my next kit (& to prove that I don't just build Japanese aircraft), I though I would post up a kit I finished about this time last year. 

The kit is Eduard's superb 1/48 Spitfire Mk.VIII from the limited edition "Aussie Eight" dual combo set. The aircraft chosen for the first kit was A58-504, flown by F/O Rex Watson, 452 Squadron based in Balikpapan, Borneo in August of 1945. I really wanted to build an Foliage Green/Sky blue combo aircraft & this one spoke to me of the many I had to choose from.  Paints used were again SMS, the topside was their "RAAF Foliage Green", underside being "RAAF Sky Blue". The only other external colour was the spinner, which as "RAAF Earth brown" I painted on the roundels but all other markings were the Eduard decals. At least I didn't have to put on all the stencils as the RAAF painted over them

Also I will mention the red crowbar, I got a heap of flak for it back when it was completed but I like it and wasn't in the mood to change it back when I did these photo's (& I still haven't to be honest) but will mostly likely change it to silver. 

I really loved the build as the kit went together without a problem. Believe it or not I am yet to build my other model in the kit, though it might be on the cards sooner rather than later.

Enjoy

IMG_3286

IMG_3287

IMG_3288

IMG_3289

IMG_3290

IMG_3292

IMG_3293

IMG_3294

IMG_3295

IMG_3296

IMG_3297

IMG_3298

IMG_3299

IMG_3300

IMG_3301

IMG_3303

IMG_3304

IMG_3305 IMG_3249 IMG_3252 IMG_3257 IMG_3262

IMG_3263

• Like 37

Congrats VJ !! Very good looking Spit !!

Totally agreed about these Eduard Spitfires !!

I did mine as the mount of Clive Caldwell years ago !!

But now that you tell it.... A foliage green Spit is missing in my collection !!!

Well done Sir !!

Sincerely.

CC