1/72 Westland Wasp conversion from Scout

Hi there

Here are some pictures of my 1/72 Westland Wasp. Some build pictures can be found over in the RFI section but I’m not very good at posting links. This started life as an Airfix Scout and used a Tasman vac form canopy and the Air Graphics converion and decal set. The Air Graphics stuff is brilliant. Here is the Wasp:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

By the the way, it is very small.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Regards Toby

• Like 61
  • Thanks 4

What a sweetheart! I remember Dad had to build the Airfix Scout for me because it was so small, the idea of converting one into a Wasp is an admirable project and you've done a great job. Thanks for sharing - I love it!

• Thanks 1

That is really lovely and i did not realise the conversion was available - must get one! I recall converting one following an AIrfix Magazine article back in the 70s(?) but it never looked as good as your little beauty. Well done.

• Thanks 1

Dear Horatio

Yes, you are right. There was an Alan Hall article in an Airfix magazine that shoed how to make a Scout into a Wasp using balsa wood, streched sprue and some cross kitting for the wheels. A cover picture of the edition is over in the WIP build section for this kit.

regards Toby