Aegean Group Build 2023?

arfa1983

What do people think about having a Greek/Turkish themed group build? 

Originally I was thinking Hellenic Air Force, as I have a 1/32 HAF  Buckeye in the stash, but then I thought maybe it could be a little too narrow, and maybe should  be expanded to both non Aircraft/airforce subjects. Then, I thought what about including Greece's friendly neighbours which share the Aegean coast.

Perhaps it could also include any sort of connection to either country, for example WWII German Paratroopers from invasion of Crete, or ANZAC diggers from Gallipoli...

The entire region is quite steeped in history, so there would be no shortage of interesting subjects. Of course, I still want to see plenty of super weathered HAF jets! That is mandatory! 

I've only taken part in a few Group Builds so far, but would  be more than happy to try my hand at hosting this one if it were to get across the line!

Any thoughts or interest?

52 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Would this fit within the Southern Europe GB proposal?

I guess the Greek part could,  but there doesn't seem to be any mention of Turkey in there! 

Certainly if there isn't enough interest in this one I'll build  my buckeye in that one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

Would this fit within the Southern Europe GB proposal?

Partly because as @arfa1983 rightly says...

8 minutes ago, arfa1983 said:

I guess the Greek part could,  but there doesn't seem to be any mention of Turkey in there! 

Certainly if there isn't enough interest in this one I'll build  my buckeye in that one!

...correct, it doesn't include Turkey, this is deliberate as I only intended to limit the GB to the Southern European states.  Your Buckeye would be very welcome in that though.

• Like 1