Any Color Pictures of MB Mk5 Ejection Seat (F-4 Version)?

11bravo

Hi Folks,

I'm building the Tamiya 32nd scale F-4C.  Got a nice set of AIMS resin MK5's and plenty of B&W pictures.  However, I'm striking out with regard to finding color pictures to help with the painting.   No luck with searching various sites, Googling, etc. 

Does any have any color pictures that they might share?  Ideally of the USAF F-4C variant but I'll settle for whatever is out there.

Thank you in advance,

John

Hello John,

Would these help. Taken at the SAC museum Ashland Nebraska some years ago.

IMG_7213 IMG_7212 IMG_7211 IMG_7210

Don't remember what the plaque said and not sure if the seat came from the same palace as the RF-4C. As is Below.

IMG_7209

At any rate may help

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

32 minutes ago, f111guru said:

Hello John,

Would these help. Taken at the SAC museum Ashland Nebraska some years ago.

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

Hi Ron, unfortunately, that seat is the later Mk7.  Similar but with some key differences.   The Mk5 was only in the F-4 until late '65 and then it was quickly replaced with the seat you posted.   That's a good looking museum.   I might end up heading out to Omaha on business, if so, I'll have to check it out. 

John

19 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Couple of detail shots in this walkaround. We have a complete seat on display in our museum, but it has a dressed mannequin in the seat. I can take some detail shots tomorrow hopefully if you need more.

Linky?

57 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Couple of detail shots in this walkaround. We have a complete seat on display in our museum, but it has a dressed mannequin in the seat. I can take some detail shots tomorrow hopefully if you need more.

That’s a Mk.7 not a Mk.5

From what I saw on the Martin-Baker website and the Ejection website, the Martin-Baker Mk 5 seat was fitted to USN and RAF F-4's, but the Mk 7 was fitted to USAF F-4's. See the links to these two sites. I'm no EJS authority, so I make no claims!

Mike

https://martin-baker.com/products/

https://www.ejectionsite.com/