The rhythm of this trembling heart It's beating like a drum - Cyber Hobby Sea Vampire F.20

AliGauld

Just now, bigbadbadge said:

Good grief Alistair,  I was looking at this kit the other day myself  I resisted though.   Will start on the Seavenom soon myself.  Looking forward to this very much .

Chris 

Thanks Chris,

It was purchased at the same time as the Sea Venom and has been shouting at me from the stash ever since.

I hope I can do it justice.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

There's no stopping you is there? Looking forward to seeing the no-doubt splendid job you will do of this.

Craig.

I'm having fun at the moment and starting to get a bit of time off work.

I found out last week that I still had 7 annual days to take this year and if the roster works out I'll finish on Sunday evening and that will be me until I go in on Boxing Night to send a tamper off to Perth.

Don't know about splendid but I'll bodge something together. :blush:

All part of the stash reduction attempt.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

I found out last week that I still had 7 annual days to take this year and if the roster works out I'll finish on Sunday evening and that will be me until I go in on Boxing Night to send a tamper off to Perth.

Sounds good. Without wishing to derail (ha!) your thread or reveal your dirty secrets, what do you do on shifts with, shall we say, a less than onerous workload? Do you spend your time rereading the regulations and polishing the box brasswork, or do you take in a good book?

Just interested,

Craig.

• Like 1

Don't know about splendid but I'll bodge something together. :blush:

All part of the stash reduction attempt.

All my own stash reduction attempts, feeble though they are in comparison to your heroic efforts have, I fear, been scuppered by the recent Black Friday purchase of a decently specced gaming laptop and the subsequent  discovery of the delights on offer from IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad. I fear that completing that Corsair may be some way off.

Craig. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Sounds good. Without wishing to derail (ha!) your thread or reveal your dirty secrets, what do you do on shifts with, shall we say, a less than onerous workload? Do you spend your time rereading the regulations and polishing the box brasswork, or do you take in a good book?

Just interested,

Craig.

I'm looking forward to it.

We don't get much down time in Stirling except on the night shift.

There are trains on the block for about 57 minutes out of the hour.

On the nights if there are  no stupid phone and unnecessary phone calls or RHTT's arriving at 2:00AM then settling down with a cuppa and a good book is the way to go.

There's not much brasswork left these days but it gets done once a week and the levers now have a rubber/plastic cover on the handles so we don't have to polish and burnish them anymore. 

Hope that helps.

37 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

All my own stash reduction attempts, feeble though they are in comparison to your heroic efforts have, I fear, been scuppered by the recent Black Friday purchase of a decently specced gaming laptop and the subsequent  discovery of the delights on offer from IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad. I fear that completing that Corsair may be some way off.

Craig. 

Ah the joys of IL-2. I have 1946 and the B.A.T. mods which I will play occasionally but once I get my HOTAS set up properly for it will take up a fair chunk of time.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Plastic cut and some Nato black laid down.

q5s1N42.jpg

y9JY6lQ.jpg

h0set6t.jpg

There will be some brush action later.

Not much detail in the cockpit but not much will be seen.

There are some nice slide moulded bits in the kit.

Here are the intakes.

iMCut2G.jpg

Thanks for looking.

More later.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Really wanting to see how this turns out, not sure whether to buy one or convert another.  

Nice start Alistair.

Chris

Remember, Chris

I'm liable to butcher this so you may not get a reliable feel of the kit but I will say the dry fits so far have been encouraging. 

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

Out with the hairy stick for some impressionist painting of the cockpit tub, seat and control column.

With a Dandie for scale.

GsBLW4Z.jpg

j03HZ8e.jpg

oXQZlyS.jpg

0P8h0SS.jpg

There were no dials on the plastic or decals on the sheet so I improvised with some dots of white.

All glued together.

DWUPDW6.jpg

84jdxBK.jpg

I don't think there will be much visible anyway, especially with the canopy over it.

kg50r2C.jpg

K9k5OkJ.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Wicked, glad to see this progress too. I am very tempted to get this kit now, SWMBO is not happy now!!!

Chris

Sorry Chris I wouldn't want to cause any marital strife.

Blame me for everything. ;)

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Out with the hairy stick for some impressionist painting of the cockpit tub, seat and control column.

The impression I get is that you’re a damn fine wielder of the old hairy stick. 

43 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

With a Dandie for scale.

Much appreciated. 

Craig. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great work Alistair,  looking great.  I succumbed and pressed the buy it now button and got one!!! 

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Really looking forward to see what you can do with it.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Dissolved putty applied to gaps and seams and sanded back, then other bits glued on.

mCfcHxi.jpg

vHbTSkV.jpg

cUfY4TM.jpg

NK2YeNj.jpg

b8geTX7.jpg

Next up some rescribing, canopy masking and fitting and I might even get the tail booms done.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Excellent progress Alistair   this is coming on nicely and looking good.  Mine arrived today too.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

You'll enjoy this one when you get round to it.

There are some lovely slide molded parts, the fit is good but just watch the clear parts. The gates on those are large and tight so I would suggest a razor saw for getting them off.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

Thanks Chris,

You'll enjoy this one when you get round to it.

There are some lovely slide molded parts, the fit is good but just watch the clear parts. The gates on those are large and tight so I would suggest a razor saw for getting them off.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair for the heads up,  duly noted and stored yhe old Noggin.   Got a few Twin boomers to do now!!!

Chris

• Like 1

I didn't get as much done today as I was hoping.

I had to take a run into Wonderland to pick up some stuff for my Nephew for Christmas that he asked his Mum for.

Got that stuff and of course managed to pick up a couple of things for myself.

Stash reduction be damned. :blush:

This evening my son is off to the cinema and of course I'm the taxi service which will no doubt include running his pal home to Stirling.

In consequence we have this.

YXRzHk0.jpg

0Wy2Cpi.jpg

Nvun7tB.jpg

jtzdVj7.jpg

The fit of these slide moulded booms and wing tanks is quite wonderful and will require minimum clean up.

The tanks are gently squeezed together to allow the glue to set.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 4