1/48 Hasegawa Ki-100-I Koh Goshikisen, 59th Sentai, 2nd Chutai, Ashiya 1945

This one has been my labour of love over the past few weeks. This kit was also the first I have created a work in progress topic for, which can be found here:

Anyways, the kit itself from Hasegawa is good & could be super detailed if you felt so inclined. I was happy with a mostly out of the box build, adding only some Eduard belts & resin MG's in the nose. The fit was ok, needed some test fitting & some adjustment but nothing to over the top. Hardest part was the canopy, which was squished and did not fit the opening at all. I was able to get it back into shape with some hot water but there are some slight stress marks in the plastic. Brake lines were also added to the landing gear as well as ignition wires to the engine using fine copper wire.

All markings were painted on using self cut masks, the only decals used were the cockpit IP & a few stencils here and there as well as the red stars over the wing cannon. The paintwork has all been fully painted with SMS paints, the underside being Super Silver & the topside is my custom mix of "Ohryoku nana go shoku" or Khaki Drab. Tamiya panel line wash was used to help bring out the tones & the Tamiya weathering pastels were used for the exhaust staining. 

The Aircraft depicted here is #47 which was captured after the war on Ashiya Airfield, near Fukuoka in September 1945. It was an early build Ki-100, being converted from an existing Ki-61 airframe, something I wanted to show through the cockpit & airframe stencilling & well as the paint fade & weathering 

Enjoy 😀

IMG_4098 IMG_4099 IMG_4101

IMG_4102 IMG_4103 IMG_4104 IMG_4105 IMG_4106 IMG_4107 IMG_4108 IMG_4113 IMG_4114 IMG_4116 IMG_4117 IMG_4109 IMG_4110 IMG_4111 IMG_4112 IMG_3997 IMG_3999

• Like 49
  • Thanks 3

Very nice "Go-Shiki"and you have painted the horizontal stripes on the tail surfaces, often forgotten by modellers! So Kudos.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Very nice "Go-Shiki"and you have painted the horizontal stripes on the tail surfaces, often forgotten by modellers! So Kudos.

Many thanks & yes I agree with you, a detail that is quite often missed. Many thanks to @Nick Millman as he helped me with a few of my questions & he reminded me of the horizontal stripes

15 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Having followed your WiP, I'm most impressed by the skills you brought to this & the outcome you got, quite superb. 👍

Steve.

13 hours ago, tank152 said:

I follow very few builds on here anymore but I have your's and it's  been very enjoyable. Excellent result and modelling.

Thank you both @stevehnz & @tank152. During the work in progress thread I wasn't sure anyone was following along but it's a relief to know you guys were & appreciated it . I might have to do some more now. 

@Farmerboy, @Remus389, @mick, @Roberto, @billn53 & @Toryu, Many thanks for the nice comments, always positive to hear 

• Like 2

Awesome. Great paintjob and weathering.

But please close the gap under the front window. Then it will be 100 points.

(In cases like that I apply white glue with a brush, two times if necessary.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...