Oops, explain that- LWB Land Rover (hard top) with G.S. Trailer

Another completion from 'that' shelf, a LWB Land Rover (hard top) with G.S. Trailer in 1/76 by JB Models. Started this back in spring but mojo went walkabout, it happens. Built OOB with the only addition of wing mirrors. Painted with AK paints. Kit decals. Decided from the start that the base would contain a ditch for the trailer and the scene was set that included a couple of Wee Friends figs.

20211204-163344.jpg

20211204-163245.jpg

20211204-163227.jpg

20211204-163209.jpg

20211204-163140.jpg

20211204-163124.jpg

20211204-163313.jpg

Stuart

• Like 28

Really neat little diorama that! A case of driving too fast & not properly connected then? 😆

So, to someone who's never done a diorama like that, is that all the same type of static grass? I take it you've got big collection of different types of scenic grasses? 

Martin

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Really neat little diorama that!

Thanks again Martin, much appreciated. In this particular case I used, 6mm static grass, small flock, some self-adhesive grass/weed clumps, some longer bits of grass cut to length (they're in the ditch) and trees are made from sea foam with 'scatter' applied for the leaves. Like everything, practice makes perfect.

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Ask me how I know...:whistle:

And what happened besides your 'mates' taking the p***?

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Fantastic dio,love the bloke behind the Landrover "tThis is going to take some explaining"...

Cheers Vince. I also like the dude sitting down and having a cuppa, not worrying about it which tends to be my way of looking at things, like when I 'dink' my car :shrug:

Stuart

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

And what happened besides your 'mates' taking the p***?

It was a 1/2 ton drag with a 500 litre water container on it, we parted company somewhere on Salisbury Plain.

I had to nip back to our site (we were on exercise), and get help.  After the inevitable p***taking, we had to drain down the 500 litres of water in order to make the damn trailer light enough to get pushed out of the ditch.  Fortunately, those things are fairly sturdy and no damage had occurred.  We then had to drive back to the standpipe and fill up again, 500 litres through a half inch hose takes a bloody long time.  By the time we got back, the prolonged absence had been noted and a stern boll telling off occurred.

• Haha 1