Bedford Mk. Tactical Aircraft Refueler

Here is my latest languish queen completed, a Bedford Mk. Tactical Aircraft Refueler in 1/76 by JB Models. Built mainly OOB with the tank top foot plates replaced with mesh option, wing mirrors added to doors and front indicators added. Painted with AK paints and kit decals were used. A simple desert base was built to gibe it some context. A couple of Wee Friends figures were painted in desert gear and placed to indicate some sort of trouble.

20211204-154136.jpg

20211204-154157.jpg

20211204-154211.jpg

20211204-154224.jpg

20211204-154243.jpg

20211204-154256.jpg

Build log here:

Thanks for looking.

Stuart

• Like 38

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

There's so much that I like about this.

Thanks very much John, glad you liked it. I was very much in a quandary about the setting of the base, nothing seemed to work, so settled on a broken TK, on a road, near a perimeter fence.

Stuart

• Like 1

Superb work on that & I particularly like how you've done that barbed wire which I'd like to know if that was DIY or scale barbed wire? It didn't take me long to source one of these tankers Just have to find some of that mesh as it definitely lifts the detail on that grille & the upper surfaces. 

All the best

Martin

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

how you've done that barbed wire which I'd like to know if that was DIY or scale barbed wire?

Cheers Martin. The barbed wire is cut from mesh that I have and the lengths wrapped round a suitable sized drill bit. If you want some mesh to make some barbed wire, I'll bring some along at the next club moot?

Stuart

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Courageous said:

Cheers Martin. The barbed wire is cut from mesh that I have and the lengths wrapped round a suitable sized drill bit. If you want some mesh to make some barbed wire, I'll bring some along at the next club moot?

Stuart

Excellent idea with twisting that mesh, does look effective at that scale. Please, Stuart that mesh would come in handy for a couple of things as well as my Bedford thanks.

Got something a bit different planned for next year. I think you might remember one of my rogue purchases at Telford!

• Like 1

What an absolute little beauty, said the actress to the.......

Seriously though Stuart, that is a superb result, and the setting is very imaginative but so real. As you say a challenge to pick a typical setting for a refueler, that was eye catching, but you nailed it.

Well done!

Terry

4 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Well done!

Cheers Terry. I did find that getting a scene for this build was a bit challenging. At the end of the day, it's primarily a road vehicle and trying to add something with a little height was awkward, got there in the end.

Stuart

13 hours ago, Dancona said:

absolutely brilliant !!

Thanks for passing by. I think it helps to dip your toe into other genres, change is as good as a rest.

13 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

1/72 Vosper perhaps?

:giggle:, not just yet. I need to finish my tug, remember that? Once that's done I'll be starting on a Japanese Liner, the Fushimi Maru, a scratch build.

11 hours ago, Model Mate said:

smashing work!

Thanks MM, appreciated.

Stuart

16 hours ago, WYATT said:

Is there one in 1/35 as that would be a rather nice kit to add to my gulf war collection!

Accurate Armour once did this one ...... https://accurate-armour.com/aa-products/135th-complete-kits/k193

Not quite the same one as Stuart has modelled, but might help. It is listed as not available, but they ask people to register interest, which might drive another production run.

HTH

Terry

• Like 1