Bel kits - what's in the box?

Modelling Padre

Hi Simon . I'm currently building my third Belkits kit , their 2017 spec Fiesta WRC  . There's a blow by blow account on work in progress section . It does have window masks as well as loads of detail parts . The instructions are rubbish on this particular model though , if your used to Tamiya then be prepared to get frustrated ! However , they do build up into highly detailed and accurate models of cars that sadly Tamiya seem to now not want to make . 

The kits build well and are well engineered ; I would recommend dry fitting all parts before gluing though . 

The other two Belkits I have done are the Metro 6R4 and Opel Manta 400 , all of which are on the forum here . Feel free to have a look and see what you think . 

Hope this helps 

Gary  . 

• Like 1

I've only done one Belkits kit, but I think the answer to your masking question is that it depends on which kit you're looking at. The Fiesta S2000 I made (see link in signature) is one of their earliest kits and didn't have window masks.

In terms of the quality of the kit, I'd have to back up what Windy has written - the Fiesta at least (and others I've seen) build up into nice modesl, but dry fit first as there are a couple of items in the Fiesta kit which have semi-circular pegs the wrong way around! Also, it seems to be a common theme with Belkits that you need to beware of anything paper based; the instructions are usually a bit rubbish while the decals can be thick and need a lot of work to get to conform to the shape of the car. But if you have a bit of experience building, don't let that put you off. The build is usually pretty good, and so is the end result.

• Like 1

I agree with the comments above. The ones I have built have had the masks in and the instructions can be a bit misleading and need a careful check on every stage. 😁

On the whole though, great kits with plenty of detail