British Airways VC10 doing a low pass, real low pass.

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Wow!  Most impressive and from a 'different time' !  Gutsy flying indeed, and noticeably slow at the start of the 'flare' to level flight, given the deck angle.  I wonder where that was- it looks like  a grass strip, not a tarmac/concrete runway  in sight.  The white 'vehicle' early in the sequence made me wonder if it was a gliding site.

Someone must know the story ! 

Thanks for posting it up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Not my clip but I found this while I was looking for something else. Its of a British Airways VC10 doing a flyby at about 15 feet with gear up. Pretty gutsy flying for such a big plane.

https://i.imgur.com/RRa83OZ.mp4

I was there and saw this at White Waltham on 14th May 1977 durig the Queens Jubilee Air Show in front of Prince Charles. Very dangerous and the pilot was 'on the carpet' in front of the BA CEO when he landed!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AMB said:

I was there and saw this at White Waltham on 14th May 1977 durig the Queens Jubilee Air Show in front of Prince Charles. Very dangerous and the pilot was 'on the carpet' in front of the BA CEO when he landed!!!

Ahhh, the old memory is still alive and kicking, good to have location confirmed

SD

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Low Fly-By was at White Waltham, celebrating the Queens Siver Jubilee in 1977. Aircraft was G-ARVM the fuselage of which we now have at Brooklands Museum

Edited by wimpyman
  • Like 1