"Hunter or Hunted?" vignette in 1/35, siege of Budapest, Dec 1944

Hello all.

This ones a lot more straight forwards, more of a vignette than the previous dio. Took around a month. The alpine upright tree was my fourth version/attempt and was a hell of a lot harder than I ever expected or much harder than the likes of Luke Towan makes it look!!! All scratch built bar the figures and ivy leaves (from Treemedous). I  adding the bloody bandage to the snipers leg, the camo to his rifle and the camo to the spotters periscope. Hopefully the visual story telling is obvious enough to get.

P1020517

P1020526 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8132 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8128 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8131 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8126 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8134

thumbnail_IMG_8133

thumbnail_IMG_8125 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8124 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8122 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8121 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8120 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8119 (2) thumbnail_IMG_8116

thumbnail_IMG_8112 thumbnail_IMG_8111

thumbnail_IMG_8110

thumbnail_IMG_8109 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8106

thumbnail_IMG_8103 (2)

thumbnail_IMG_8101 (2)

My next project will appear in the 'work in progress' section of the diorama forum and is going to be set in Arnhem, Its going to be called 'Rounds Complete' again a fairly simple, figures based vignette with more scratch building, including some scratch artillery.

Then in the early new year I'll be tackling a huge diorama which will be in two parts, this should take me up til around July time roughly!!! It'll include some big armour, lots of figures and buildings set in and around the  Aachen area in November 1944. 

Thank you for taking a peek.

Paul.

• Like 16

• 3 months later...
On 14/03/2022 at 11:01, Bertie Psmith said:

That's very good. Great imagination.

I have one quibble. It seems odd that the soldiers have not have noticed the wolf howling right behind them. I like the stalking wolf but the howling one doesn't make sense to me.

Ah it’s supposed to have stalked up to them following the blood trail as they watch for soviet tank commanders to snipe at and this is the instant he starts to howl, the second before they turn and realise how close they are. …. With a little stretch of imagination…. Why let reality get in the way of a good story 😜

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muchmirth said:

Ah it’s supposed to have stalked up to them following the blood trail as they watch for soviet tank commanders to snipe at and this is the instant he starts to howl, the second before they turn and realise how close they are. …. With a little stretch of imagination…. Why let reality get in the way of a good story 😜

Fair enough. It terrified my little dog! 😉