UAE order for 80 Rafale F4 - wow!

exdraken

Indeed a 1:32 model is missing!!

But who could do one realistically now that KH  is no longer... Revell? Trumpeter?

regarding F4, some info here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theaviationist.com/2021/06/01/rafale-f4-standard/amp/

The mentioned 1000kg Hammer smart bombs are definitely an alternative the just introduced GBU-24, Mica-NG development still far away.

Of course unclear at this stage what is applicable to UAE!

Wonder if the engine gets its thrust increased to 90kN thrust as discussed way earlier for those. UAE F4s...

Will the outer, third wing station be finally opened as tested some time ago?

there also was talk about smart but small munitions needs...laser guided rockets, Brimstone, etc...

Wonder what happened  to this requirement!

Interesting times definitely!

• Like 1

• exdraken changed the title to UAE order for 80 Rafale F4 - wow!
7 hours ago, exdraken said:

But who could do one realistically now that KH  is no longer... Revell? Trumpeter?

How about Academy? Their Hornet series is nice. I'm no Hornet expert but the kits are definitely satisfying to me.

KH is Kittyhawk

2 hours ago, John B (Sc) said:

Impressive order and  whee, another scheme to use, eventually.

'exdraken' -  you mention 'KH is no longer' - ??? Which company is that ?   Not Kinetic I hope.

KittyHawk announced earlier this year tha they are going to stop production. No idea how definitive this though...

They back then just released the rather well recieved Mirage 2000 in 1/32

2 hours ago, SAT69 said:

How about Academy? Their Hornet series is nice. I'm no Hornet expert but the kits are definitely satisfying to me.

KH is Kittyhawk

Yes indeed!

Academy would be great of course.

Not sure though what was their last modern big scale kit... in 144 they released an excellent B-1B Lancer and a B-52 rel. recently :)

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

Not sure though what was their last modern big scale kit... in 144 they released an excellent B-1B Lancer and a B-52 rel. recently :)

Their last big scale kit was the Hornet series and I believe they produced a series of F-16s in 1/32 at about the same time.

• Like 1