Jump to content

1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXE of Wing comander Rolf Arne Berg. Engine and sound kit from Magic Scale Modeling.


Recommended Posts

Great model!

 

One thing that is often missed on models of PV181 is the rearmost white stripe of the ID ("D-Day") markings. As it is on top of the Sky tail band, the contrast is low and thus often missed. But it should be there.

 

Nils

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you! Thank you all! I'm really happy, that you like this Spit.

Some clarifying words about vignettte. The Spitfire is Eduard (overtrees) with HGW wet transfers (just exellent thing). Other stuff is; Magic Scale Modeling engine and sound kit for 1/48 Merlin equipped planes, accumulator and oil carts from Revell 04511 Ground support equipment set, pilot from Airfix Spit XIVE and ground staff modified from Tamiya 1/48 soldier figures. I slightly modified Magic Scale sound added two more poverful speakers in the base just under the engine to add bass and realism. Power for electric motor come through contacts on the wheels and "brake lines' on struts. "Smoke" effect on startup... When I first time have shown the model working cycle on video, I got respond such as: "It shoul be smoky! Where is the smoke?" As you understand, it is impossible to make a "scale" exhaust smoke jet in 48th scale, so I just added it in video editor))

 

Alex.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Vingtor said:

One thing that is often missed on models of PV181 is the rearmost white stripe of the ID ("D-Day") markings. As it is on top of the Sky tail band, the contrast is low and thus often missed. But it should be there.

 

Thanks for the info. I thought about this piece. It's logical but I dont have clear photo to confirm this. Different sources give different pictures. If I find good source I'll just add this stripe easily. On some pictures of other planes there is good contrast between White stripe and Sky tail band.

Edited by Fencer-1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 6:25 PM, Fencer-1 said:

I slightly modified Magic Scale sound added two more powerful speakers in the base just under the engine to add bass and realism.

Good idea.

The slightly tinny sound was what was holding me back from doing something similar.

What did you use? I've some old laptop speakers that may be suitable...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 6:40 PM, Fencer-1 said:

Thanks for the info. I thought about this piece. It's logical but I dont have clear photo to confirm this. Different sources give different pictures. If I find good source I'll just add this stripe easily. On some pictures of other planes there is good contrast between White stripe and Sky tail band.

 

I have at least one photo that shows this clearly. It is not scanned though.

 

I assume you have seen this page: http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/a-question-of-foreign-markings.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Vingtor said:

 

I have at least one photo that shows this clearly. It is not scanned though.

 

I assume you have seen this page: http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/a-question-of-foreign-markings.html

Yes, I saw this page. The profile, by the way, mistakenly interprets color demarcation on lower cowling part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 9:46 AM, alt-92 said:

Good idea.

The slightly tinny sound was what was holding me back from doing something similar.

What did you use? I've some old laptop speakers that may be suitable...

I think it should be some 8 Ohm speaker, but I used two 4 Ohm connected successively.

spacer.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...