Wildcat on exercise.

Evalman

Earlier this week I met a friend on Bodmin Moor where we spoke to a lone driver looking after a couple of Army trucks (very friendly but he didn't give much away). Putting 2 and 2 together, with some local knowledge and a bit of a trek we eventually found a group of Commandos about to stage an attack on an abandoned building. They told us where we'd be safe to watch so we did some climbing and found a suitable spot.  

The Wildcat provided some recce (from a long way away) and then some top cover during the attack. Interestingly one of the Aircrew  has been in touch with my friend after seeing his photos and said he could see us and the dog on their camera,  we weren't even aware the helicopter was there at that stage! 

As an aside, has anyone got their hands on the Airgraphics Wildcat conversion yet? 

Edited by Evalman
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Evalman said:

It was quite overcast and there wasn't much worth photographing until the end when the sun finally came out and the Wildcat landed for a casevac - part of the exercise.

51719423446_f15497fe31_b.jpg

Great photos! :thumbsup: and this one looks ideal for a diorama.

On 12/3/2021 at 7:31 PM, canberraman said:

Terrific actions shots Evalman from a most scenic location.  A very productive trip despite the challenges! lovely light too on the Wildcat.

Mark

Thanks Mark, it's a great place, it even featured on a Michael Portillo program a few weeks ago. Shame it isn't used very much. 

Pete

On 12/4/2021 at 11:48 AM, bootneck said:

Great photos! :thumbsup: and this one looks ideal for a diorama.

Many thanks, I've seen a few pick ups at this location and was thinking the same thing.  

Pete

• Like 1