Anything Wingy, Floaty, or on the Ground Thingy - From the Big Bang to Armistice Day - history we sometimes neglect Group Build

ColonelKrypton

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 13 and climbing ...

I have a few WW1 things in the stash where the rigging is a bit scary. Maybe this might be the impetus I need?  If the rigging gets too much I can always run away and do The old Airfix tank :D

I do have an Albatross I want to do with a twist as it were

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 14 and climbing ...
  • ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 15 and climbing ...
4 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Ok John, I will add you to our list.  I wasn't sure so thought it best to ask.

cheers, Graham

I wasn't sure either to be honest as rigging scares the life out of me :D

10 hours ago, JohnT said:

I wasn't sure either to be honest as rigging scares the life out of me :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Just put in a few of the more prominent wires and call it done - just build it the way you want.

I have long suffered from the "got to make it perfect" mind set. I have learned to relax, take my time, and stop worrying about trying to "make it perfect" and the hobby has become far more enjoyable as I embrace the journey.

cheers, Graham 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 16 and still climbing ...
  • 1 month later...
  • ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 17 and still climbing ...
  • 1 month later...

Been a while since I poked this proposed group build.

There have been more Great War subject appearing as good quality kits these days - MiniArt's FWD, Liberty, and British Lorry for example. Also Das Werke's French Schneider C17S 155mm canon and Special Hobby is re-releasing some Great War 1/32 aeroplanes and Copper State Models, Lukgraph, and others have been steadily releasing new kits as well.

And not only limited to aeroplanes and AFV's, I recall seeing some new ship models as well.

Anyone else up for the challenge?

cheers, Graham

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Think I missed this, until you mentioned it in Bertie McBoatface's thread.
OK, yes, see if we can get it through

I have not really been promoting this proposed group build idea but I am glad you posted and brought it back to the top so to speak.

I will add your name to the list. 

cheers, Graham

• Like 1

Alrighty, I'll support this one as well

I'd prefer; 'Before 1820' but beggars* can't be choosers

* you'll find me outside Belfast City Hall, wearing a rackety dirty anorak and mis-matched worn out trainers, annoying passer-byers, trying to sell them gas-less BIC lighters for their e-ciggies

You know, homeless people can be very rude.

Just the other day I was sharing a fish supper with one chap

and he told me to 'f...... off',

and go buy my own!

How very rude!

• Haha 5

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 22 and still climbing ...
1 minute ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Maybe the title needs revision to make it clearer that we aren’t simply thinking of WWI?

I have just this moment been thinking the same thing but am currently at a loss for something catchy

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Wingy, Floaty, or on the Ground Thingy - From the Big Bang to Armistice Day - history we sometimes neglect Group Build