Anything Wingy, Floaty, or on the Ground Thingy - From the Big Bang to Armistice Day - history we sometimes neglect Group Build

ColonelKrypton

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Wingy, Floaty, or run around on the Ground Thingy - older than the hills but Pre 1919 group build
8 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

From the Big Bang to  Armistice Day - The history that we sometimes forget. 

I had a thought and changed the title already but I do like your suggestions.  I may use your suggestion as is or mash yours and mine together for something else but similar.

cheers, Graham 

• Like 1

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Wingy, Floaty, or run around on the Ground Thingy - From the Big Bang to Armistice Day - history we sometimes neglect Group Build
1 minute ago, psdavidson said:

I was thinking of something architectural but they tend to be firmly-planted-on-the-ground thingys :crying:

Certainly fall somewhere between the big bang and armistice day though

Yeah and the title implies that figures are excluded too.

1 hour ago, psdavidson said:

firmly-planted-on-the-ground thingys :crying:

I can see where the title would seem to exclude such subjects but that is not the intent. 

A bit of a stretch but buildings do "float" on the ground however.

In any case, perhaps another tweaking of the title is in order.

cheers, Graham

• Thanks 1

Well then, if buildings are in, I do have this 1/72 Italeri church laying around...  :hmmm:

Originally got it for a hairbrained idea to use a diorama base for a pair of low level Italian F-104s.  The idea hasn't gone anywhere at this point in time and everything is still in boxes.  The whole diorama idea certainly wouldn't fly, but the church by itself would be old enough.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

I can see where the title would seem to exclude such subjects but that is not the intent. 

A bit of a stretch but buildings do "float" on the ground however.

Thanks Graham

I suppose they can also have "wings"

Count me in, probably with a Japanese castle

/P

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Wingy, Floaty, or on the Ground Thingy - From the Big Bang to Armistice Day - history we sometimes neglect Group Build

Count is now up to 24 - that was a quick jump in numbers.

Due to a bit of confusion I also updated the title - removed "run around" so it now reads 

Anything Wingy, Floaty, or on the Ground Thingy - From the Big Bang to  Armistice Day - history we sometimes neglect Group Build

How many do we need to get to the bun fight?  30?

cheers, Graham

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ColonelKrypton said:

How many do we need to get to the bun fight?  30?

Yep, 30 is the magic number for bunfight entry for a normal GB.  Once the number is achieved, ping or message Enzo and he'll get you added to the bunfight furball.  Going to be a bloody one this year.  :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting close to Bun Fight time ...

Current count stands at 24 so a bit short of the magic number of 30, time to make some noise, rattle some chains, and stir pot to see who else is up for an interesting challenge.

Any more?

cheers, Graham

• Like 1

Good morning all,

We are now at 25 of the needed 30 interested participants needed to get to the Bun Fight.

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.“

-  Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

Anyone else up for the challenge of taking on something a bit more unusual than their usual subjects and giving yourself the opportunity to play outside your usual comfort zone? 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

cheers, Graham 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

That crossbow and pavaise (shield) were advanced technology in XVc Italy

Cool.  Crossbows I have seen but I don't recall ever noticing a shield shaped in such a way.

Glad you posted. Reminded me to wave the flag as it were for this proposed group build as we still need a few more interested participants.

cheers, Graham

• Like 1