Anything Wingy, Floaty, or on the Ground Thingy - From the Big Bang to Armistice Day - history we sometimes neglect Group Build

ColonelKrypton

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 13 and climbing ...

I have a few WW1 things in the stash where the rigging is a bit scary. Maybe this might be the impetus I need?  If the rigging gets too much I can always run away and do The old Airfix tank :D

I do have an Albatross I want to do with a twist as it were

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 14 and climbing ...
  • ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 15 and climbing ...
4 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Ok John, I will add you to our list.  I wasn't sure so thought it best to ask.

cheers, Graham

I wasn't sure either to be honest as rigging scares the life out of me :D

10 hours ago, JohnT said:

I wasn't sure either to be honest as rigging scares the life out of me :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Just put in a few of the more prominent wires and call it done - just build it the way you want.

I have long suffered from the "got to make it perfect" mind set. I have learned to relax, take my time, and stop worrying about trying to "make it perfect" and the hobby has become far more enjoyable as I embrace the journey.

cheers, Graham 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 16 and still climbing ...
  • 1 month later...
  • ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 17 and still climbing ...
  • 1 month later...

Been a while since I poked this proposed group build.

There have been more Great War subject appearing as good quality kits these days - MiniArt's FWD, Liberty, and British Lorry for example. Also Das Werke's French Schneider C17S 155mm canon and Special Hobby is re-releasing some Great War 1/32 aeroplanes and Copper State Models, Lukgraph, and others have been steadily releasing new kits as well.

And not only limited to aeroplanes and AFV's, I recall seeing some new ship models as well.

Anyone else up for the challenge?

cheers, Graham

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Think I missed this, until you mentioned it in Bertie McBoatface's thread.
OK, yes, see if we can get it through

I have not really been promoting this proposed group build idea but I am glad you posted and brought it back to the top so to speak.

I will add your name to the list. 

cheers, Graham

• Like 1

Alrighty, I'll support this one as well

I'd prefer; 'Before 1820' but beggars* can't be choosers

* you'll find me outside Belfast City Hall, wearing a rackety dirty anorak and mis-matched worn out trainers, annoying passer-byers, trying to sell them gas-less BIC lighters for their e-ciggies

You know, homeless people can be very rude.

Just the other day I was sharing a fish supper with one chap

and he told me to 'f...... off',

and go buy my own!

How very rude!

• Haha 5

• ColonelKrypton changed the title to Anything Pre 1919 GB 2023 proposal - 22 and still climbing ...
17 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

A chance to build something older than me!  Now I realise it can be really old stuff then yes please sign me up.

Thanks

Michael

Maybe the title needs revision to make it clearer that we aren’t simply thinking of WWI?

1 minute ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Maybe the title needs revision to make it clearer that we aren’t simply thinking of WWI?

I have just this moment been thinking the same thing but am currently at a loss for something catchy