1:72 scale B47 Stratojet

John McNamara

8 hours ago, dalea said:

I was under the impression that this topic was about the B-47 not the C-82

After Jimmy Stewart was mentioned it was off to the races.

Later,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 1:13 PM, Rob de Bie said:

My answer is not going to solve your quest, but judging from what I see at the Dutch classified ads site Marktplaats, there are still plenty to go around. They are usually offered around the 30 euro mark, which is very decent I think. I was tempted to buy one several times. Maybe there's a UK equivalent?

Although my case was not the Hase B-47 (which I have had in stash for at least 15 years), but I have to express my great "thank you" for making me aware of the Marktplaats classifieds site, I have never used (or even known) it before, when hunting for obsolete kits all over the world. So - just for trial - I entered "Dragon 1/72 Leopard 2" and ... three offers appeared in a few seconds. And not for 25 GBP as on Ebay or 40 EUR as on Polish Allegro site.

My friend's sister living in Utrecht, followed by a link from me, bought one of them (same city, only 20 minutes walk) for ... 10 EUR.

In 2 weeks I got this wonderful set in immaculate condition (sealed box, never opened ) as a Christmas gift. The whole operation cost me 21 EUR

Thank you Rob again for introducing the Marktplaats to my mind

Cheers

Michael

10 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Although my case was not the Hase B-47 (which I have had in stash for at least 15 years), but I have to express my great "thank you" for making me aware of the Marktplaats classifieds site, I have never used (or even known) it before, when hunting for obsolete kits all over the world. So - just for trial - I entered "Dragon 1/72 Leopard 2" and ... three offers appeared in a few seconds. And not for 25 GBP as on Ebay or 40 EUR as on Polish Allegro site.

My friend's sister living in Utrecht, followed by a link from me, bought one of them (same city, only 20 minutes walk) for ... 10 EUR.

In 2 weeks I got this wonderful set in immaculate condition (sealed box, never opened ) as a Christmas gift. The whole operation cost me 21 EUR

Thank you Rob again for introducing the Marktplaats to my mind

That's a great story! I guess there are similar sites in every country, so there is a much larger marketplace out there.

Rob