1/43 Heller Mini mod

SLR520

With the amount of time, effort and skill you have put into this personally I think you will regret not installing the running lights as they are such and obvious feature on your car.  With the talent you have shown us so far theIr easily within your capabilities.   Or failing that just install a plain grill on your real Car 😅🤣. Great work as ever - Andy 

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliments and support. Yes I agree, the lamps are an obvious part of the car, really should be on the model.  I ordered these lamps from Spot Model company website. They appear tube close to size and I may need to take the thin rails grille which is seven separate pieces and rather than a single support brace center on the rear, add something to the rear sides so I can slowly work out holes without damaging the grille slats and keep them in place.

I stomped through this whole kit fearless but this grille thing I have been a bit hung up on. It's a noticeable part of the car. 

lamps

• Like 1

On 03/12/2021 at 16:35, SLR520 said:

Here is my model subject. This was my 78 Mini. I restored it and loved it and then sadly sold. So I am going to do my best to replicate it with the Heller kit. 

mini10

That rocker cover! My son has one which we bought him for his Mini a few years ago from a guy in (Norfolk?) who machined them. It's an absolute gem and instead of putting it on the car, it's now on his mantelpiece! Anyway I'm late to the party but it's always great to see a proper Mini being built, whether full-size or in kit form. :)

• Like 1