Aero L-29 Variant Questions

Tweener

Now that I my upcoming Study Abroad has been cancelled, I'm planning to soon start the AMK 1/72 L-29, using the following:

AMK 1/72 Kit

Quickboost Pylons and L-29R Conversion

Aires Cockpit Set

Reskit Wheels

Extra-Tech PE Set (Meant for the KP Kit, I'll use this for the gear bay covers and a few assorted levers and details.)

Print Scale Decals

Eduard Masks

I considered also getting the Aires Control Surfaces and Pitot Tubes, but the included parts for those are just fine.

My question arises from Quickboost offering both an R and an RS conversion set. The R includes new wingtip tanks and a camera pod, and the RS contains a very similar camera pod, but lacks the tip tanks. From what I have found so far, the R model was an L-29 with the rear seat removed and camera's mounted vertically in that position, but I the photos I have seen so far don't seem to show the seat removed and I haven't noticed any differences in the camera pods. 

Does anyone know more?

Thanks,

Tweener

12 hours ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Hello, Tweener

It may have been the other way around. There are at least two photos of L-29RS 2610 without the rear seat. Unfortunately I could not find them on the web. Cheers

Jure

I've just found 2 photos of it, in rather poor shape, but they do show the rear seat was removed. Now I just need to learn more about the Camera Pods and possible internal fittings.

Hello, Tweener

There are some photos of L-29R on Prime Portal. Aircraft on photos have seen better days, though.

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/kevan_vogler/l-29_delfin/index.php?Page=1

And here is a photo of L-29RS I found on web:

spacer.png

Front ejection seat is in a way, but the photo gives you at least some idea how the cockpit looked like. Cheers

Jure

12 minutes ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Hello, Tweener

There are some photos of L-29R on Prime Portal. Aircraft on photos have seen better days, though.

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/kevan_vogler/l-29_delfin/index.php?Page=1

And here is a photo of L-29RS I found on web:

spacer.png

Front ejection seat is in a way, but the photo gives you at least some idea how the cockpit looked like. Cheers

Jure

I had seen those Prime Portal pics before but somehow not seen the removed seat - thanks for sharing them again. Ads for the second photo, I think that is the rear seat but I will check to make sure.

Edited by Tweener

4 hours ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Hello, Tweener

Found it! An article in PKR 11 from 1992 with plenty of photos, drawings, colour profiles ... a bit too much to post it. Please PM me so I can send it to you via e-mail. Cheers

Jure

I've sent you a PM, thank you!