The Salty Sea Dog GB Chat

TonyOD

If it's not too late, I'd like to participate.  It will be my first GB.  I have a few 1/700 waterline and a couple of 1/350 models on the stash that are applying for 'release'.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

What about helicopters that flew from frigates/destroyers?

Eminently eligible, @Chewbacca! Glad to have you on board, and modelling an aircraft that you actually flew would be awesome!

Thanks also to @Norseman 3:16 - far from too late! We're still on the launch ramp!

On 12/31/2021 at 3:57 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Many eligible subjects in my stash. Count me in please.

Just bragging about my first charity shop find.

This seagoing conscripted landlubber.

Airfix-Seafire.jpg

That's it now - not buying any more models for the rest of the year!

Adding another press-ganged landlubber to my list.

Tiger-Hobbies-Spitfire-Floatplane.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Tony,

Count me in - I have a few presumably eligible entries such as Sea Fury, Firefly, Catalina, Cutlass and maybe one or two more.

Pete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/07/2022 at 16:51, TonyOD said:

Eminently eligible, @Chewbacca! Glad to have you on board, and modelling an aircraft that you actually flew would be awesome!

I have 3 of those (all Lynx which will at some point be finished in different modification states to represent Jake and Elwood (BOXER Flight 1988) and the FBI (BRAVE flight 1991/2)) plus 4 1/350 Atlantic Models resin kits of ships in which I have served (including one that I commanded for a short while).  Decisions decisions.

• Like 5

@PeterB @ModelingEdmontonian Welcome aboard, me hearties. Going to be at the half century soon at this rate!

I do like the look of that floaty Spitfire, @theplasticsurgeon! I was just reading up on the history of that airframe, apparently during an early test flight on the Solent near Southampton our own AA gunners tried to shoot it down... 

• TonyOD changed the title to The Salty Sea Dog GB 2023 - going to the Bunfight! 44 and still rising...
  • 1 month later...
  • TonyOD changed the title to The Salty Sea Dog GB 2023 - going to the Bunfight! 45 and still going strong!

Ads me to the list, my FAA stash still needs further reduction. 

• Haha 1

• TonyOD changed the title to The Salty Sea Dog GB 2023 - we're going to the Bunfight! The half century is in sight!
On 30/07/2022 at 19:25, Chewbacca said:

I have 3 of those (all Lynx which will at some point be finished in different modification states to represent Jake and Elwood (BOXER Flight 1988) and the FBI (BRAVE flight 1991/2)) plus 4 1/350 Atlantic Models resin kits of ships in which I have served (including one that I commanded for a short while).  Decisions decisions.

Don't make me say it.   You wouldn't like me when I say it...   :wicked: 

• Haha 3

On 12/12/2021 at 1:04 PM, Torbjorn said:

I’m sure I’ll have forgotten by the tnext bunfight, but sure, count me in :)

You're in, shipmate! Thank you!

With this GB proposal sailing cheerfully towards 50 potential voters/participants with the wind in its sails, and (while not wanting to count any proverbial chickens) it looking like a strong contender for a place on next year's calendar, the time has come to ask: would anybody be up for co-hosting?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

• TonyOD changed the title to The Salty Sea Dog GB 2023 - we're going to the Bunfight! FIRST MATE NEEDED please?
7 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

With this GB proposal sailing cheerfully towards 50 potential voters/participants with the wind in its sails, and (while not wanting to count any proverbial chickens) it looking like a strong contender for a place on next year's calendar, the time has come to ask: would anybody be up for co-hosting?

Cheers

Tony

With no GBs of my own in the fight I'm free to co-host with you if required Tony.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MARADER said:

I want to take part. I will build a ship or sea plane.

Thank you - great to have you on board, hope you're safe and well.

• Like 1

• TonyOD changed the title to The Salty Sea Dog GB 2023 - we're going to the Bunfight! WHO WILL BE NUMBER 50?

If this gets through, I don't know what I can do to participate.  I barely have anything suitable in The Stash.

Only these:   :fool: 

Buccaneers  x5

British Phantoms  1/72 x8, 1/48 x1

USN Phantoms 1/48 x3, 1/72 x5

Hawker Sea Hawk  x2

Blackburn Firebrand x1

Douglas A-1 x3

Douglas A-4 Skyhawk  lost count...

SB2U Vindicator 1/48 x3

FH-1 Phantom x1

Dassault Etendard x3

F6F Hellcat  1/48 x3, 1/72 lost count again...

F4U Corsair  1/48 x3, 1/72 x6

F7U Cutlass  x1

Hawker Sea Fury  1/48 x3

HMS Victorious  1/700

Vosper MTB 1/72

HMS Iron Duke  1/600

Grumman F-14  x4

DH Sea Vixen  x4

What's a boy to do...?  :shrug: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

Hang on, what happened to the great spreadsheet?

There's the problem.  Gideon monitors pretty much every aspect of my life.    Modelling timetable, comic book collection, coin collection, Fuel consumption for my car, bank accounts...   yep, Gideon knows all about those and provides me with very valuable forecasts for everything.  But the one thing I haven't told Gideon about is The Stash.    I really need to...  

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

If this gets through, I don't know what I can do to participate.  I barely have anything suitable in The Stash.

Only these:   :fool: 

Buccaneers  x5

British Phantoms  1/72 x8, 1/48 x1

USN Phantoms 1/48 x3, 1/72 x5

Hawker Sea Hawk  x2

Blackburn Firebrand x1

Douglas A-1 x3

Douglas A-4 Skyhawk  lost count...

SB2U Vindicator 1/48 x3

FH-1 Phantom x1

Dassault Etendard x3

F6F Hellcat  1/48 x3, 1/72 lost count again...

F4U Corsair  1/48 x3, 1/72 x6

F7U Cutlass  x1

Hawker Sea Fury  1/48 x3

HMS Victorious  1/700

Vosper MTB 1/72

HMS Iron Duke  1/600

Grumman F-14  x4

DH Sea Vixen  x4

What's a boy to do...?  :shrug: 

:tapedshut:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1