TonyOD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Oh yes please.

Coastguard HH60 or 65 perhaps a carrier jet too

Thanks @Valkyrie, I will put you on the list. We have 40 in our sights!

• Thanks 1

I’m getting ahead of myself as usual and have just bought one of those cheap Chinese built wooden boat kits from eBay. It was only a tenner and is very basic. I aim to enhance it as much as I can and see if I can make a model out of a toy. 

19 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

that sounds like a very interesting addition, @Bertie Psmith!

I'm investigating it as a possible taster for those who want to try wooden ship models but are put off by the admittedly high prices of some of the kits. Don't get too excited though, it hasn't even arrived yet...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I'm investigating it as a possible taster for those who want to try wooden ship models but are put off by the admittedly high prices of some of the kits. Don't get too excited though, it hasn't even arrived yet...

Is your boat on a slow boat from China?

Oh, my name isn't down for this one, please add me to the list :bounce:

Edited by Col.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Col. said:

Oh, my name isn't down for this one, please add me to the list :bounce:

You, sir, are number 40!

• Thanks 1

• TonyOD changed the title to The Salty Sea Dog GB 2023 - going to the Bunfight! (Now at 40!)
On 6/24/2022 at 10:02 AM, TonyOD said:

You, sir, are number 40!

Excellent, thank you good sir, now the main issue is picking a subject from the stash :o

48 minutes ago, Col. said:

the main issue is picking a subject from the stash :o

I have a bunch of stiff that I', holding back on selling off. Whitworth, Fw-200. Bv-138, FAA Beaufort...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the party as usual  - only saw this because @TonyOD posted it in maritime. Well since my entire stash either floats on the sea of flew from things that float on the sea, better count me.

Apologies if I missed it, but page 1 suggested things that flew from carriers.  What about helicopters that flew from frigates/destroyers?

Now there's no guarantee that I might do one of the many Lynx I have in my stash to represent one of the aircraft that I flew but it is a possibility..

Best rgds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1