Blessed Claws of Ziskal - a.k.a. A Big Red Lizard

I printed this bust back in the summer, but I've only just got around to painting it. The 3D sculp is from Archvillain Games on MyMiniFactory, and it's probably the best thing I've printed to date. The level of detail is very impressive with a hand beaten texture on the armour parts, and individual strands on the feathers. Pretty good for a file that only cost about £3.80. I'll definitely be getting more from Archvillain in the future.

It was printed on my Mars Pro as a single piece, and stands around 12cm high. The base coats for the skin and the tree were airbrushed with Tamiya acrylics, and everything else was brush painted with a mix of Vallejo, AK Gen 3, and Citadel paints.

51720909495_e9af46de1e_b.jpg

51720027826_af55c5f3eb_b.jpg

51719222792_8c0d1beaf1_b.jpg

51720908770_62692fc37e_b.jpg

51720690729_7fbdd81568_b.jpg

51719222042_207f3884a2_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy:cat:

• Like 23

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments everyone

12 hours ago, The Great Escape said:

Question - when people paint fantasy subjects like this, do you chose the colours yourself or do the kits come with a suggested paint scheme? I’ve always been curious.

Depends on the model. Things like Games Workshop figures have official colour schemes that you can choose to follow, or you can go your own way. With other fantasy figures it's entirely up to you, although the manufacturer will often have a painted example or artwork to act as inspiration.

This one was a 3D print and the original file was shown as a grey scale render, so it's up to each modeller to choose a colour scheme. The red skin tones used here were vaguely inspired by the Red Prince character from the Divinity Original Sin games.

Andy:cat:

• Like 1