1/48 Albatros OEFFAG Kosciuszko Merian Cooper

Completed Today 2 December. This is a replacement Aircraft for model Donated to the NEAM in Hartford Conneticut. They have a great Kosciuszko Display

1/48 Eduard Profipack with minor modifications  to create correct Polish Version. Decals are from ModelMaker in Poland(they were fantastic).

spacer.png

Painted with Gunze paints and Sworl Decals are from Aviattic (they were a pleasure to apply).

spacer.png

Rigging is a mix of materials. Uschi line for support wires,Ceramic wire for Control rods and front Braces. Also used Bobs Buckles from England for connection points(great products and service).

spacer.png

Final Coating is GX100 Clear and I am Happy with the Gloss look of the Model

spacer.png

Thanks for Looking and Comments are always welcome

Cheers

Bill

• Like 40

Wonderful finish! The 'camouflage' looks like the wallpaper in my grandparents living room (they passed away in the sixties). Must have been fun to decorate the Albatros like this!

My favourite Albatri are the Oeffag built versions, and this one is a stunner. Beautifully made and those sworl decals look fantastic. I've got a few of these kits in the stash so I'm going to need ta take a look at the Aviattic website!

Cheers

John

• Like 2

It’s a printed fabric made by Viennese company Joh. Backhausen & Söhne. Before WW I they manufactured fabric for furniture. Their designs were very avant garde, like Charles Rennie Mackintosh.

This is beautifully done!  Love the fabric (decals) on the wing, they laid down perfectly and I was looking at the spoke wheels and they are amazing.  I have never been brave enough to attempt wire wheels but now I think I have to give it a try.  Appreciate you posting this, thanks!

Thank you all very much for the kind words. This Squadron is a passion of mine and I am quite happy for the Albatross results. Working on a Resin Karaya Ansaldo Ballia and she is quite a challenge.

Thanks Again

Cheers

Bill

On 12/2/2021 at 10:38 PM, Andy Dyck said:

Yes you made a gem out of it . Okay the camouflage is a little getting used to. Maybe the painter man was on a LSD trip🤭

Andy 

Haha, my first thought as well Andy.   That is a great Great War fighter! :clap2:  And yes, that is definitely some trippy camo. :yahoo::blink::elephant: