453rd BG Museum Build - USAAF 4th FG Spitfire (Tamiya 1/48)

• Fritag changed the title to 453rd BG Museum Build - USAAF 4th FG Spitfire (Tamiya 1/48)

Well I think it is completely...

Entirely...

Wonderful.

Out of a man who enjoys excelling this excels even yourself, and since we have witnessed brilliant excellence already, a bar raised to almost unachievable heights.

Thanks for taking us on a ride, I'd back seat with you any time old friend.

I LIKE A SPITFIRE MODEL, UNBELIEVABLE BECAUSE I'M SO OLD I'VE SEEN 'EM ALL.

👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

@Fritag What a brilliant model, build quality, detailing and finish from the toppest of top drawers 👏👏👏 you're a gifted modeller and artist 👍

Plus, I never thought of an aircraft having 'nether regions' before 😂

Also, thanks to @hendie for highlighting this excellent build which I missed the first time around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Definitely 'on brief' with that one - a superb model with your usual attention to detail.

Great job Steve; looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

As a fan of the 4th I was onto this one as soon as I saw it! What a fantastic model! Beautiful job.:goodjob:

When the American Eagle Squadrons pilots were transferred to the USAAF they were allowed to take their beloved Spitfires with them! I suspect it was because in the early days the USAAF fighter groups/squadrons didnt have enough aircraft of their own at that stage, they had not long arrived in England so sharing was the thing to do between the allies.  The American pilots LOVED the spitfires, adored them and were delighted when they were allowed to take them with them!

I have a model of a Mk1A spitfire in 1/72, its in 71 squadron markings and was Bill "Pappy" Dunns aircraft; XR-D.

This is quite spectacular and a real tribute to the Spitfire and to the 4th Fighter Group. Thanks for displaying it in the group.👍:cool: