Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.IIa

Andy J

4 minutes ago, mark.au said:

That looks great Andy, I think you’ve nailed it in terms of weathering and finish.

Cheers Mark I'm leaving the topside alone now I've gone as far as I wanted to and I'm happy with the results 🙂👍

• Like 1

Not much time at the bench today but I've finished the weathering on the underside of the Spitfire and I'm pleased with the results. So now I need to concentrate on all the other various parts to push this build over the line. Hopefully by the end of play tomorrow I will have more or less finished the Spitfire so I can start preparing for the next one 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So another step in the right direction on what has been a very enjoyable build indeed. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks good Andy, great work, although I have to ask what's behind the wheel Wells?  Is that mud? 

Chris

Hiya Chris i suppose it could be mud though I prefer to call it artistic licence 😆👍

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

😄like it fella. 

Chris

Actually Chris I've since made some changes to the underside weathering as tbh I think it was a little over done shall we say 🙄

spacer.png

I think this is more subtle and looks much better if I'm honest 🙂

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Steve Coombs said:

I'm glad you toned down the filth on the underside. She's looking really good now. On to the final straight!

Cheers Steve I just got a bit carried away mate... still no harm done lesson learnt and just the finishing touches to add now 😉 👍

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

Very nicely weathered Andy, well worth the revisit of the underside!

Stay safe           Roger

Thanks Roger I'm much happier with how the underside looks now 🙂👍

And so the final update and a build I've thourghly enjoyed from start to finish. The last few parts to complete the Spitfire went together very well indeed and so here's a pic of her in all her glory 

spacer.png

Massive thanks to everyone who followed along and commented during the wip your help and support were very much appreciated 👍. I will post more pics in the rfi section shortly tally ho chaps 🙂👍

• Like 12

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks absolutely fantastic Andy, great job on this and a pleasure to watch it progress.

Chris

Thanks Chris and thanks again for your help and support during the build much appreciated mate 👍 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hamden said:

Stunning result, great workmanship with outstanding paintwork Andy you have raised the bar with this one!

Stay safe          Roger 

Thanks Roger i really appreciate your comment and I appreciate the fact that you followed the build cheers mate 👍 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

What a belter.

It's been a pleasure watching this come together so beautifully.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair like I've said regularly during the build I've thourghly enjoyed myself mate and thanks again for the encouragement and support very much appreciated 👍

• Like 1