1/48 Meteor NF.14 Decals?

26Decals

2 hours ago, 26Decals said:

Are there any 1/48 Meteor NF.14 decals out there, I have done a search but nothing shows up?

I've trawled and trawled the net for these but I can't find any, almost to the point of chopping and mixing existing decals of other aircraft types to get the desired scheme.

Even more amazing given that there is now a decent injected NF.14 a available.

• Like 1

If you have any of the excellent sheets from Marmaduke Press Decals they have enough serials on them to make just about any meteor out there, Sqn markings might be an issue though.

So many great schemes, the standard night fighter markings and the various C.O.s marked tails, the 60 sqn Singapore scheme with the darker camo and low demarcation, NF(T).14 trainers, and then those gorgeous Ferranti (G-ARCZ), Rolls Royce (G-ASLW) and A&AEE specials!

I would buy more kits if the decals are there for them.

• Like 1

Probably a little academic but there was a Dutch Decals 'RAF/2 Special' sheet, mine is dated 1995, markings for 46 and 60 Sqn. Coincidenally, The Aeroclub kit had a very nice sheet (by Fantasy Printshop) for the same two squadrons but different airframes. The latter looks a better effort than the DD sheet and might at a pinch still be obtainable from John Adams or fantasy Printshop. 

For info, the Sword kit itself provides for 72 & 85 Sqns.

I now have the Sword kit and one thing I have spotted with the kit decals is that the wing roundels are quite a bit smaller than those included with the Airfix Meteor F8.

Sword has them at 23mm and Airfix  28.95 mm.

Warpaint 22 has the both the F8 and NF wing roundels at 54 inches which suggests that Airfix got it right.

So my question is who is right?

Cheers

Ray

15 minutes ago, 26Decals said:

Just to add to the confusion Modeldecal  sheet 93 instructions has the wing roundels as 48 Inches.

So does Set 88 et Al with Fuselage and underwing at 36 inches and upper wing 54 inches for single seaters + T.7 with the fin flash at 24x24 inches.

I'll go with MD's

10 minutes ago, sloegin57 said:

So does Set 88 et Al with Fuselage and underwing at 36 inches and upper wing 54 inches for single seaters + T.7 with the fin flash at 24x24 inches.

I'll go with MD's

Great, I'll go with MD's .

I wasn't going to bother with the roundels and fin flashes as they are included in the kit but glad I checked with you guys :)

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 8:24 AM, 26Decals said:

It seems that there is a gap in the market for some new decals then :)

On 12/2/2021 at 1:07 PM, 26Decals said:

Ok I am picking my NF.14 up from Hannants tomorrow so will make a start then.

I hope to cover as many if not all RAF NF-14 Squadrons :)

60 Squadron...🙏    :worthy:

On 12/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, 71chally said:

They are for NF.11/12s Tony.

I thought that the squadron bars might come in handy,.... no worries. ... Ray doesn`t seem interested anyway. 

25, 64, 72, 85, 153 Sqns all flew the NF.14 too.   

I was thinking of maybe digging into my sheet too if he was struggling,..... ah well.

Edited by tonyot

On 03/12/2021 at 17:34, Julien said:

From a friend restoring an NF14, there is evidence of both sizes of roundels on the wings!

Dont know if they changed at some point?

Julien

Only change that I know of Julien was on the upper mainplane roundels on the late 1 TWU Meteor 8's where they put 36/40 inch roundels :-

spacer.png

HTH

Dennis

• Like 4

On 12/4/2021 at 9:19 PM, tonyot said:

I thought that the squadron bars might come in handy,....

That is one of the sheets that I thought of to produce a good NF.14 scheme, but still struggled. 

Anyhow a dedicated a NF.14 (especially from 26Decals!) would be most welcome!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 26Decals said:

Thanks all for your replies.

I have now made a start on the artwork and hope they will be released Feb 2022 :)

Cheers

Ray

Excellent, just in time for the Sword Meteor NF.14 I’m (hopefully!) getting for Christmas and starting next year!

• 5 months later...